Juice fasting or master cleanse, real weight loss?

Just wondering, I am tempted to before a vacation coming up in 12 days….anyone lost weight that was obvious after? (and that you weren’t overweight before)

thanks

Comments

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

First, you can’t do the master cleanse because you need a full 13 days to do the cleanse (sometimes 14 days) and i’d hate for anything to bother your stomach while on vacation… I would hold off until afterwards. I’m not “overweight”, but i needed to lost some weight… I did the master cleanse and lost about 12 pounds total. The second time i did it i lost about the same. The third time, a little less, but i had less to lose this time. I’m planning on doing another MC in September because i’m just “standing still” and still want to lose another 10 pounds. The best thing i read is that you can expect to gain back 1/2 of what you lost while on the MC.

If you do anything, i would do a 5 day juice fast… go for 7 or 10 if you can. In my opinion, there’s not as much “getting used to” foods after a juice fast. I’m actually doing a short juice fast now because my stomach has been bothering me and i’m hoping that this does the trick! If anything else, your stomach will feel less bloated and it will appear flatter too!

Have a great vacation!!

• thanks for the advice..so 5 day juice fast prob sounds better for my case.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

5 days or more of juice only is sooo cleansing. I notice my appearance in the mirror looks so much more “nourished” and healthy when I’m on juice.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

What kinds of juice do you recommend? I have a cheap juicer and so far have only tried apple with pears

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

You shouldn’t do the master cleanse for weight loss. I lost some weight on the cleanse, but quickly gained it back. You should only do it if you want to clean out your system.

And I agree with carrie. You need a little time to phase back into solid food after the cleanse, and it’s recommended that you only drink orange juice for the first couple days afterward, so going on vacation, right when you’re done, wouldn’t be a good idea.

• Grapefruit juice is filling and fantastic for you. It’s also supposed to help reduce cellulite appearance.

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I lost about ten pounds on a master cleanse and 5 on a 10 day juice feast.. of that 15 I’ve gained all but 8 or so back but the wierd thing is I went 2 or 3 sizes and have kept that down so maybe you do shrink? I don’t know.. I third the do a juice feast plan.. you will look lighter and all flat tummied, perfect for vacay! enjoy your time away :)

• Blue_Eyes: Can your juicer juice vegetable greens? I juice them all the time with cucumber and celery, sometimes a piece of fruit for sweetness. It gives a buzz similar to coffee but way better… also wicked good for you! Love the green juice.

• I agree with not doing a MC for weight loss. If you’re not in it for the right reasons, it’s not only very hard to stick with it, but you will also be much more likely to gain all of your weight back. On that note, I’ll jump on board and say juicing is the way to go! At least 5 days, and make sure to drink lots and lots of water, too. Adding carrots to juice also gives some sweetness. Carrot apple juice is delicious :-)