irritated/troubled skin

so this summer hasn’t exactly been the best for me, and i have been under ridiculous amounts of stress. this is partly what pushed me towards a more active lifestyle and a raw diet. however, it would seem that as of late i seem to be developing skin problems i have never had before. a couple months ago i broke out into shingles.. and i am still trying to deal with my skin healing from it. last week i broke out into a weird patch of what seems to be close to eczema (honestly, its hard to tell cuz my arms are sleeved in tattoos) i really have no idea if this is from stress or my body detoxing.. but i dont recall ever having had such problems before.. does anyone have any suggestions on foods i could be eating to help with healing? i feel like i have tried just about every natural topical and am finding myself pretty bummed about my situation.

Comments

• after sifting thru some other threads it would seem coconut oil is what people with similar skin irritations have been having the best luck with.. any thoughts on that? any recommendations on brands?

• You could be having a [Herxheimer Reaction]. Otherwise known as a healing crisis/detox reaction/cleansing reaction. Stress can exacerbate many skin conditions, but it is unlikely to be the main cause.

Most pre-packaged natural products is gonna cost some serious $$$$. Try making some of your own stuff out of bulk herbs/oils/etc from [MountainRoseHerbs].

I don’t know much about eczema, but I know that rose water is very soothing. Chrysanthemum is said to be one of the most powerful and soothing herbs for many skin conditions as well. As for the coconut oil.. Just make sure that it is organic and unrefined.

• I’ve always had skin problems and even being high raw has not solved my problem but it has improved it beyond belief. I use 100% extra virgin coconut oil and find that it’s the best moisturiser I have ever used. I have also read someone that apple cider vinegar is great. By coincidence, i have started having ACV on my lunch and dinner everyday for the last 4 weeks as well as a heap of cayenne pepper. This has also taken my skin to a whole new level. So give AVC and cayenne pepper ago (totally shooting in the dark with the cayenne) as well as the cococut oil. Perhaps try some distressing techniques like high impact, fun exercise that also makes you laugh, (a dance class always does that for me). I find that when I totally wear myself out during the day, my sleep improves 10 fold which allows my skin to improve. Good luck.

• Thanks guys! I have ordered bulk herbs from moutainrose before but hadnt ever much bothered to look at their slaves and tinctures.. i think i might have found one that combines rose,coconut,myrrh and a bunch of other stuff as well. i needed more face scrub too (and really am tired of paying way too much for lush stuff..hah!).. so i have decided i will try that before venturing onto making my own oils.. mostly because well. i will probably just try and throw everything into it at once making my problem worse.. hah dishing out 4-10 bucks to try it is worth it to me right now.

i had been cleansing with avc and have seen some pretty good results.. just. nothing as quick as i would like, i suppose. i think youre right about sleep for sure too.. although. sunday i was depressed enough not to get out of bed until 7. hah. but i feel soooo much better today and spent my day running errands and exercising.. i know my skin is slowly on the mend but holy kajebus. all i can say is it has sucked wearing pants all freakin summer.. but im glad this isnt a condition i am having to deal with on my face or something.

you guys have been a great help! i think i will go back to avc and upping my cayenne intake.. i had an insane sore throat back in april and cayenne and oregano oil was what cured me after a week of the most intense pain. so i am a believer!

thanks guys!