Taking Smoothies to go

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

Has anyone found a good smoothie to go container? I’m using a wide mouthed mason jar but I always seem to end up with green on my clothes from the smoothie getting caught in the lip then dripping..

Comments

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi,kminty3…how about using a straw when you drink it? here is another thread that may help:)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

I use Arizona Green Tea glass bottles. Several friends give me their empty bottles. If I rinse the bottle shortly after I finish the smoothie it usually comes clean with no problem. Occasionally one doesn’t come real clean, so I just add it to my recycle bin. These bottles also seem to hold up well when put in the freezer. I fill it about half full, put the lid on (loosely) and prop it at an angle. The remainder of the smoothie goes in the fridge. The next morning I add the rest of the smoothie, take it to work and put it in my mini-fridge. By lunchtime it’s perfect. Just shake it up and enjoy. If I’m traveling I put it in a cooler along with bottles of water done the same way. The half frozen bottles double as ice, so I can get more food stuffs in the cooler.

Here’s another related thread.

http://goneraw.com/forums/6/topics/6645

• i use the mason jar too. have 2 lids. one with a hole drilled through it for a straw and another to seal it when i’m not drinking it. been great so far.

• amysueamysue Raw Newbie

My husband uses a Sigg bottle without the top. The mason jars don’t fit in his drink holders.

• steviostevio Raw Newbie

I have a bunch of 40oz Klean Kanteens that I have been using. They are tough to see inside of as they are stainless steel, but they clean easily and are non-leaching. They are also nice and big at 40oz so you can bring the supersize smoothie with you.