decreased the amount of cinnamon in recipe (Chewy Oat Almond and Craisin Bars)

In case anyone was planning to make the Chewy Oat Almond and Craisin Bars, I decreased the amount of cinnamon that I had originally added to the recipe, because the next day they tasted really strong. I’m noticing that this happens with dehydrating. Has anyone else?

Comments

• Yes ma’am! I haven’t made your recipe yet but I have noticed with others that sometimes as the flavours marry they increase in intensity. Thanks for the tip!

• Hi guys, Does anyone know where I can purchase germinated brown rice (the kind you can soak overnight and eat raw) on the internet. The only site that sells it is DHC, and they have been out of it for months. Pleeeese help!:)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

michhav,try barley same consistency….

• Black wild rice is always good- I purchased some from living tree community. Bit pricey but worth it, if you consider portion size.

• Hi Lady Raven! I’m glad I caught you before you made them! you’re very welcome! Oh and blending the oats to make them smoother, adding apple, and more vanilla makes the cookie taste totally different. I think I like them better. I’m gonna post that recipe in a few days.

• Ya know Michhav, I wanted to know the answer to that same question. Thanks for posting that question right here. I tried sprouting some brown rice the other day and it sat there and looked at me like “puh-lease! what you tryin’ to do?” lol! But I’m still gonna try to make something out of it.

Now I’ve got the answer, thanks Little One! I’ll try the wild rice.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

In one of Cousins books, he says that wild rice is not raw. Is there one out now that is? I am using Barley right now.