Anti aging effects of raw food

I have posted a topic about this before and didn’t really get any answers. I would like to know if eating this way can indeed prevent and reverse wrinkles, sagging, etc. I am young but want to remain looking that way.

Please tell me what you can.

Thanks alot!

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I will tell you that it will prevent wrinkles if you also exercise at least one hour 4 times per week… All the raw antioxidants fight off all the toxins we run into daily… Also be happy and enjoy whatever you are doing… How lucky to have YOUR insight at a young age… Sure wish I had known, what you know at your age (whatever that age is)... I know I wish I had appreciated my tight skin when I was young, especially my neck… At 61 it seems a little loose, but not like most people my age…

Good luck to maintaning your youth into and after middle age, which I haven’t yet reached!!! LOL

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Middle age here.lol By eating raw my hair is turning from a little bit of white in with brown, to all brown.My nails are also a lot better and I have cut back about 2/3 on my progesterone cream.Plus, I do not have any more added wrinkles.When I was young I should have stayed out of the sun,exercised more and ate right.Then I would look more like waterbaby.

• beany, what foods do you mainly eat that have that effect on your hair and nails?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

wheat, caffeine and sugar cause wrinkles, they effect the elasticity of the skin, so just quitting wheat, caffeine and sugar will do a lot for you. But it is the nurtients found in only RAW food that actually reforms your skin, heals it and makes it glow. David Wolfe’s book “Eating for Beauty” would be a good one for you to find more out about this from. And also this website: http://www.beautifulonraw.com/

• Everyone is different.

• thanks Zoe, I am going to pick up that book. I don’t eat wheat or caffeine or refined sugars:) I get my sugars in the form of organic fruits! I do have the glow, but was just wondering about beany’s experiences for future reference.

• Hi there rawspice! I think another wonderful anti-aging tool is incorporating inversions daily. If you are familiar with yoga, you’ll know what I mean. Turning the body upside down is wonderful for reversing the effects of gravity! And they make you feel great, too! _kirsten

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

My hair is progressing in grayness, more and more. I eat all raw. So much for that, darn it:(

However, my creppy skin is smoothing out, and THAT is a nice surprise. I think if you start raw now and stick with it, you won’t have the amount of gray and wrinkles I have. Do you know who Jinjee is, of the Garden Diet? She is awesome! So is her husband, Storm, just gorgeous. TAke a look at those two if you really want to see the aging process almost non-existant!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

rawflower, sorry I am late answering. For the last 11 months I have been drinking 7 servings of fresh carrot juice a day. and also added more grains and less nuts to my meals. I have been raw for over 3 years, so this could be a gradual change or due to the carrot juice and grains. Thinking on what Zoe has said. I might add I stopped eating wheat and spelt 5 years ago and I haven’t eaten sugar in 10 years, I also hate coffee. In case you are interested all R.A. symptoms are gone, eye sight is getting better.

• Thanks, beany. And glad to hear that your degenerative diseases are diminishing. Agreed lulushka good points. For myself green smoothies keep me glowing and energetic and young! And consuming them plus being raw opens up a whole spiritual perspective that I did not have before as well.

• itouristitourist Raw Newbie

Of course, baking yourself in the sun will damage your skin.

I have worn moisturizer since I was in my 20s.

Excessive calorie diets are related to aging also. Your body is working harder to process those extra calories.