Seed Cheeses

I have seen several posts that mention seed cheeses recently. I am new to raw and have not made one yet, what recipies do people like best, an easy to get right one would be good!

Comments

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

The most basic one I’ve seen (and is super tasty and versatile) is sunflower seeds, salt, lemon juice, and garlic. That’s it. Chris and Zoe’s Cheese with Spring Onions follows that form, and everyone’s raved about it. It makes a lot though – lasted me a good week, at least. The best part is that once you have one of the basics down, you can play with adding different herbs and spices to create different flavors. Good luck!

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

Ooh, thank you for the quick reply, do you have the proportions for your recipie, or a link to Chris and Zoe’s?

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

http://goneraw.com/recipes/1619-Cheese-with-Spr…

I’ve made it – its yum. It was too much for just me though, so if just for one I’d adjust the amounts, I plan to half next time (they’re sprouting right now..). It filled up a large plastic take-away box (free re-usable boxes from my BF’s SED (standard English Diet)!)

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

Oh thank you, just laving work now and off to supermarket to buy seeds :-)

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

I agree with heyenglish and cir-1976—Zoe & Chris’s Cheese with Spring Onions is fabulous.
    But I would recommend 1/2ing the recipe if it’s just for you. It will still last a good bit of time. The recipe is so flavorful that you don’t need to use a lot when you use it (at least that has been my experience).
    Good luck & Bon appetit!

• thecavsmanthecavsman Raw Newbie

A little off topic, but can you make the need cheeses and such with your vitamix if you only have a Wet carafe. I really don’t want to buy a dry one since I don’t make dry things much – does stuff like seed cheeses count as dry?

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I just made a new batch of Zoe’s seed cheese but halved it as just for me.

I also gave it a little twist as an experiment, thought I’d make a garlic & herb version, it was very nice so thought I’d share it;

I added;
    • about 1/3 cup mixed herbs
    • 1/2 an onion
    • 3 cloves of garlic
    • A handful of fresh chives
    • An extra 1/2 a lemon than 1/2 the recipe would suggest
    • a touch more olive oil as the seeds were harder to blend as sprouted

It’s like a raw Boursin!

Cavsman – Cant help on the vitamix – I use a food processor, but as they were sprouted I guess they were a little ‘wet’. I’ve heard Vitamix’s can whizz through pretty much anything though!

• FeeFee Raw Master

Mmmm that sounds good Claire. I made almost the original version of the cheese this week, with almonds, but used sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts. Its soooo good that cheese, and Im lucky enough to have had it made by Chris and Zoe too!