Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

VACCINATIONS

ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Chris and I are going to relocate to the USA. I have to get a US visa which involves me having a medical (HIV and a VD test!!!) and having to have various vaccinations. I strongly disagree with vaccinations, but if I don’t have them I won’t be allowed to immigrate. It says on the form that a doctor could write a letter saying it is unsafe for me to have vaccinations, I wonder if I could persuade a doctor of this, hmmm! In some ways as a 100% raw foodist I think I am in such good health that they won’t be a problem, but I just don’t know for sure because on the other hand, maybe being so clean and pure inside means that they will effect me badly. Does anyone have any experience of advice for me about this?

Comments

• I know in Canada you can get except from vaccinations on religious or other grounds. But immigrating is probably different.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I only know of the exemptions for religious regions. I would see if any one else has been able to immigrate w/o the vac’s. Maybe google would have something? I wish I could be more help! I don’t even know what to do to make sure that the vac’s don’t effect you negatively. I will think some more and see what I can come up with.

Do you know where you are relocating to,and feel comforatable sharing?

• I don’t think the government can force anyone to take vaccinations. I became a permanent resident in 2000 and I required them but I was not on a 100% raw diet at that time and I didn’t know the harm they can do. I know much better now. Here is a link I put on my blog about them: http://www.healthfullivingintl.org/articles/flu…

You might need to change religious beliefs, but there has to be a way. Not sure why you want to return to the US but I suppose it’s your decision.

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

We are moving to Virginia, it is a wonderful opportinity which will give us the lifestyle we thought we’d have to wait years and years to have. I wonder what religion would make me exempt…maybe Christian Scientists I am not sure but is it they who don’t allow any kind of medical treatment?

• Zoe, I would like to welcome you and Chris to Virginia. I’ve lived in several differnt states up and down the eastern seaboard and Virginia is by far my favorite.

I wish I knew more about the Vaccination Laws for immigration. I will ask an MD friend who is on a couple of federal boards to see if he knows.

Good Luck

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

A few years back, I worded in a preschool where vaccinations were mandatory (except for religious exemptions). If I remember correctly, parents just checked a religious exemption box – there was no need to go into detail or state an exact religion. Perhaps check into how much information you actually need to give to get an exemption!

• Before you make your mind up remember the almonds are just the tip of the iceberg. By the time you live here you will have no nut or seed that is truly raw, most likely not much else either in a few years. I hope your plans include a large fruit orchard with vegetable gardens!

I think it’s 7th day adventists who do not allow medical treatments – but I might be wrong.

• There are a lot of good websites out there that discuss the pros and cons of vaccination. www.vaclib.org is a place to start for exemption forms and www.vaccinetruth.org has a lot of good info too. If you are forced to get the vaccines, you might consider seeing a naturopathic physician who can help you to eliminate the “problematic” parts of the vaccine from your body so your risk of getting the conditions and diseases that are associated with vaccines is very minimal compared to someone who is vaccinated and does nothing. Good luck!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Thanks everyone! Please no offence to any other Brits out there, I love my country, but I just want to explain to Socal why I am leaving for the USA as he has mentioned twice that he doesn’t think it is a good idea!

SocaL – When I travel in the US, the first thing I notice is how much happier and friendly the people are, you may not realise this unless you lived in the UK for while, but the difference is like night and day! We all live so close together here in the UK, I guess we put our barriers up with each other, barriers which Americans just don’t seem to have.

Also the fruit and veg is infinately better. Here I have to hunt for ripe fruit and veg, and organic food is at least double the price of non organic, if available at all.

In the US there are wide open spaces, the UK is a tiny overpopulated island with few such spaces which I consider essential for my well being.We live on top of each other here with terraced houses and flats everywhere, only the rich can afford to live in the country. It is heavily congested and overpopulated.

I live in the North West where it rains constantly, it is rarely sunny, usually overcast and grey. I need some sunshine!

Here we live in a 3 bedroomed house on the edge of a housing estate, with a motorway a mile away and sandwiched between 2 major cities. We pay through the nose for this and are taxed to the hilt. In Virginia we are going to live in a house rent and bill free, with 5 horses and a few acres, complete with an edible garden. We will be working in a healing spiritual community with people we love, doing what we love. For me there’s no choice, just a rare and wonderful opportunity to be snapped up right away.

By the way, in the UK I have only ever found almonds which come from the USA anyway…

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

What a wonderful and exciting opportunity Zoe! My family made a very similar move in December out of Phoenix, AZ to Flagstaff, AZ. We knew that Phoenix was killing us (body, mind, and spirit), and our family would never be happy until we got out of there. We visited Flagstaff (north of Phoenix in the 7000 ft. mountains), and instantly knew that we needed to move. We did the entire move in 3 months. This decision was made right after I got the job of a lifetime, and I walked away from it. We have never been so happy! You have to trust that the universe has purpose and puts you where you need to be. I am so happy for you guys!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

thanks Spirited mama! Being raw is The Good Karma Diet, everything has gone so so well for us since we went raw!!!

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Congratulations Zoe!

This sounds like a really exciting time! And btw I love England. I lived there in college for a while but….Thanks for your kind words about the old US of A. Living here sometimes its easy to get caught up in all that’s messed up.But the flip side of our wealthy abundant nation is well… Abundance! Thanks for your reminder!