i feel blaaa!!!!

i have been 99% raw vegan for about 4 months and i have hit a really boring point in my raw food jerney. i have been craving all non raw foods expecally meat…. ahhhh i am at a loss of what to do in the begining i was making all kinds of new recipes and having alot of fun with it but now that schools started up im just to busy or not at my house to make things to eat. i have been eating bananas like crazy like 6 or more a day! what should im at such a loss?, and dose anyone know what would happen if i ate a non raw meal like meat after being raw for 4 months?

Comments

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Why did you start eating raw? Because of different food? Or because you wanted to stay in health? Have you made a study about meat? Sure you may get sick if you eat meat and cooked food. Have you thought why?Could it be that your body is rejecting it? Then you must look at the emotional side, will you regret your decision? So you make a meat meal or raw, it all takes time. Get yourself easy recipes and buy more than just bananas.

• DreaDrea Raw Master

WOW! That’s crazy because I hit those episodes in my raw journey too! I’m actually drinking a banana smoothie right now! I stay busy as well, but when these times occur I try to up my fruit intake, because this is something that I dont need to prepare. So watermelon, mangos, BANANAS! If you have been on for 4 months, dont stop! You are doing your body a disservice. Believe me I know what you mean about life being easier with “regular” food, but life is not better for those in the long run when they are suffering from the effects of “regular food”. I am fairly young and are going threw some healing processes like fibroids and knee problems and I truly believe it’s because “meat lovers” pizza was my favorite food when I was 18-25 now im in my early 30’s and I am paying for it! Your body in this life is the only one you will get, boredom, time, convenience are not good reasons to mis treat it.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I find watching Meet Your Meat is a surefire way to halt any meat cravings. Watch the video before you give into animal products…

(I sometimes eat a dozen bananas a day – sounds like you may not be getting enough calories. When I don’t eat enough, I crave everything under the sun because my body is just asking for more nutrients, but filling up on fruit and a big lucious salad takes away desires for SAD food)

• DreaDrea Raw Master

where can i find the video meet your meat?

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m not sure…it’s definitely not saved on my computer. Do a search on youtube?

But BE WARNED: it’s absolutely horrible. :-( Lots and lots of suffering and death.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

dreasraw here is a link to Meet Your Meat:
    http://www.meat.org/
    I agree with Moth. This film would (should) make even the most die-hard meat eater think twice. I believe it should be mandatory viewing for all high-school age kids.
    The meat Industry is absolutely ghastly.
    And like The Smiths http://www.google.com/musica?aid=f_sn_fQOxSI&sa…
    said in the 1980s: Meat Is Murder

• Hi Hannah! Like Moth said, you could be craving these foods because you’re not getting enough calories. You may also not be getting enough nutrients or lacking in one nutrient or other…or just bored! Actually, I can relate to what you’re saying about needing variety in your food selections, because I absolutely need it too!. I will probably go through the same phase that you are again at some point. I went through it after awhile of being on a vegan AND gluten free diet. The vegan part was fine, but then the doctor showed me a list ofthings that I needed to avoid and I was overwhelmed and started reverting to old habits. But my body telling me how horrrrible it felt knocked me back into reality.

I’m planning on checking out that video too. ..but I’m a little scared :-O

• DreaDrea Raw Master

WOW! I just watched meet your meat! I surely wont be going back to that!

Even if a person didn’t feel bad for the animal, you have to feel some kind of way about ingesting the flesh of an abused and tormented animal. Even if the animal wasn’t given some type of drugs, just the energy that you take in from that animal being miserable all it’s life is enough to make you sick!

Plus I’m an animal lover, so that was f@%&d up!

• hey yall… ya i just watched that video ahhhh! ya that makes my craving for a burger decreese… but i am injesting over 2000 calories a day so why is my body craving

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I’m not sure…at around the 6 month raw mark, I started craving pizza like mad. Greasy, cheesy bready pizza…

The only thing that got me through it was to eat raw pizza and to eat a TON of greens.

Just recently I had a craving for buffalo wings – the only thing that got me through that was a spicy, savory green salad…and lots and lots of it.

Are you eating enough greens? If you think you are, try eating more. It may help you out…

Good job hanging in there!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I agree with MOTH – eat greens! I am a college student & a mom, and last year I got stressed & started eating cooked food again. BIG mistake! Even though I was eating pretty healthy cooked foods, it really took a toll on my body. Now, I have gotten into a routine of making salad dressings & seed cheeses on the weekend, and I eat lots of salads, fresh fruit, young coconuts, etc. that are easy to prepare & take with me. I make a recipe now & then, too, but no more making three recipes a day. ;) Greens are full of all kinds of nutrients, so they cut out the cravings for all kinds of other stuff that I start to “want” if my diet becomes too limited.