I really need a yummy fat-free soup

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Fat-free preferably…with a kick. Any ideas? I’ve never done a soup before and I’m craving one. I don’t have a blender but my friend does…I do have a juicer, if that helps.

Comments

• 2 bad you don’t like fats because I have heard avocados are great in soup. maybe u could blend a hicama (spelling?) with some bell peppers (do u count those as fruit?) and hot peppers/spices. Cucumbers are also great in soup.

• Hi Moth. There is a recipe for mango gazpacho that I LOVE! It is on the following site http://www.rawganique.com/recipes2.htm. The only modification I make is adding half a mango to the mix. A little cubed on the top just isn’t enough. :) Come to think of it – since mangos tend to be expensive, you could sub a nice ripe peach or nectarine! YUM! The cucumber soup is also terrific. Both recipes call for only a teaspoon of tahini, so I don’t think it will make much of a difference omitting it to keep it nice and low fat. Hope you enjoy!!

• I imagine you could blend tomatoes for a tomato bisque or water it down for more of a broth consistency.

Add raw veggies diced up and you’d have vegetable soup…

For a kick I’d add in peppers.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Lulush; girl, that sounds RIGHT UP my ally…I wonder if I should strain the pulp from the tomatoes though, to make more of a “juicy soup.”

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Gazpacho—Tomatoes, onion, garlic, red bell pepper, hot pepper (if you like spicy) cucumber, parsley, apple cider vinegar or lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper.

Watermelon gazpacho—watermelon, tomatoes, sweet onion, jalapeno, cucumber, mint, lemon and lime juice, salt and pepper.

Carrot-orange-ginger soup—3 medium-large carrots, chopped finely, 1/4 – 1/2 a chopped vidalia onion, juice of two oranges, 1 inch minced ginger, zucchini, peeled and chopped (or a yellow summer squash, unpeeled and chopped). I’d garnish this with chives or green onions.

Give these a try. They can all be tossed in the blender and pureed. You could also keep aside a small amount of each ingredient to dice finely, for texture. Enjoy!

• Try golden pumpkin soup recipe.