Problems making Manna Bread

I was excited to make some Manna bread in my dehydrator- I soaked the wheat berries, rinsed very well several times a day, laid them out on a plate, and let them grow little tails. Then I tried to create 2 versions of the bread- one from Juliano and one from an online post. Processed the wheat with dates and cinnamon in one and added nuts and apple to the other- it smelled great in the dehydrator but when I tasted it it was sour. I threw them out and wonder what i did wrong? Any suggestions on how to make a tasty bread much appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

i have yet to successfully make manna bread! so I stick to veggie pulp breads…..i hope someone has the answer…does juliano serve this in his resteraunt and if so is it good?

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

It gets sour because it doesn’t dehydrate fast enough. I have resorted to breadsticks – no bigger than 1/2 inch diameter – and it doesn’t have to dehydrate very long (30 minutes to 1 hour at most). I eat it within a day or two (keep in fridge until eaten – can re-warm 15 minutes in dehydrator before eating).

• Ohhhhh- ok- I wonder if I should turn it up higher to start tho I thought the recipe said to do it at 90. Bread sticks is an idea, thanks

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I start my bread and muffins,cookies etc at 130-135 for 3 hours. Then turn it down to 106 until done. Time is suggested by Cousins, also Excalibur Dehydrators.