Need nut-free raw balls for kids party

Hi Everybody :D I’ve been trying to find (without success) raw sweet balls for children…..but they need to be NUT-FREE and SEED-FREE as 2 of my young children are dangerously allergic to nuts, seeds and more. It seems all the sweet balls have ground nuts in them.

If anyone could please let me know any ideas/recipes that I could use. Thank you in advance for any help. (I’m having a birthday party for them in just over a week and I’m running out of time to find something that they can safely eat).

Have a peaceful day.

:D

Comments

• I haven’t made a sweet ball, but I recently found that blending dates with a sprouted grain works just as well as blending the dates with nuts. My daughter is also allergic to nuts, but not severely.

We just found a banana bread recipe that I used with Kamut, dates, bananas, vanilla, and cinnemon. Better Than Cooked Bread

It is so simple and versatile, I’m sure it would work for you if they can have gluten.

Another idea might be cacao powder, coconut butter, agave, and buckwheaties, and drop into balls, refrigerate… we recently discovered these new favorite treats that my 6 yr. old loves. But I don’t know if coconut is ok either.

• Thank you littlegems for your help and suggestions. The bread sounds great. your recipe suggestion looks easy – I’ll just have to google buckwheaties to see what they are – as I’ve never heard of them in my country (Australia)...

Thanks again. :D

• glad to help. sorry to not be clear about the Buckwheaties are… they are just soaked then dehydrated buckwheat! I make a batch and then sprinkle it on my fruit, or mix in with deserts for a nice crispy addition, that is seeds or nuts. :)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Awhile ago, I posted Devil’s Food Superballs on this site. You should not have these in the night time. Just soak the dates a little to soften them.