I'm thinking about going raw

NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

I’ve been a vegetarian most of my life and I am thinking about making the transition to raw. I’ve had several stomach problems in the past so I’m hoping maybe eating raw might help in addition to losing some weight. How does one make this transition easy? Is there anything in particular I can do to make this effortless as possible? I don’t have a lot of time to cook either because of my crazy work schedule so that has to be factored in as well.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• My suggestion: take your time, don’t feel pressured. Sometimes I just have to remind myself that a really good salad can be 100% raw and healthy. Start by rewarding yourself for eating raw salads (with vinaigrette dressing, and not too much!) and work your way up from there.

Be sure to check out the quick recipes folks have posted on here, those help a lot. And as long as you’re not overdoing it on sweets, you will almost certainly lose some weight. Good luck!

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I just got Victoria Botenko’s new book: 12 Steps to Raw Foods, even though I have been raw for almost a year, I am finding it very useful and think it would be even more useful to someone just starting out in raw. I know it would have helped me tremendously! You can get it at amazon.com

• NuttgirlNuttgirl Raw Newbie

Thanks for the suggested reading. I will have to check it out.