hey heyenglish!

Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

I noticed in the atheist/agnostic thread you said you moved from England to GA…whereabouts? I’m in Roswell, just north of Atlanta. :) And my fiance lives in England, if that gives me any street cred or anything. :p

Comments

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

I just saw this post. I live in Marietta/Roswell, too! How crazy is that?

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

OMG how random! Hey neighbor! Well do you know of any raw events around here? We should talk more, maybe we can have a raw potluck or some such at some point!

What part of England are you from? My fiance lives in a little village near Dartford, Kent, just south of London. I’ve got a few other friends scattered about the place as well.

If you like folky Irish music and folky U2 covers and such at all, I play with some other folks Sundays around 5-9pm at the Harp Irish Pub in Roswell, on Holcomb Bridge near 400, if you’d like to come! It’s mostly an Irish/English expat bar too. I’m definitely in the minority being American there. :p

I wish I knew of some raw events going on! I think there are a couple of raw vegan groups in Marietta/Roswell on meetup.com, but I’m usually too shy to attend those. I’m working on it though!

I’m from Essex (although I never picked up the awful accent, thank heavens!). I lived in the tiny town of South Woodham Ferrers, right outside of Chelmsford. My aunt and uncle actually live in Dartford. I also have family just outside of Portsmouth, and some friends and family in London. It sucks that you aren’t living with your fiance!

I didn’t know about that pub, but it sounds like a lot of fun! As soon as my boyfriend is back in town (hopefully in 3 weeks), we’ll come out for a couple of drinks.

Anyway, would love to talk more. You can e-mail me at timms.steph@gmail.com or find me on AIM: featherboakisses.

I’ll have to check out meetup.com…I’m kinda shy too though, so that may or may not work out for me either. :) I totally feel your pain!

My fiance, Nick, works in Essex, Brentwood I believe. His village in Kent is called New Ash Green. This is all very six degrees of separation eh? :) I’ve got a few friends in central London and another further north in Reading. It really does suck we’re so far apart, we haven’t seen each other (apart from webcam) since last November! :( We’re going through a rather rough patch at the mo but I’m hoping we can work things out and I can go over there for the winter holidays.

Oh the Harp is a great place! I highly recommend it, any day of the week. The couple that owns it is from Ireland and they’re just awesome. It’s very relaxed, and in my limited experience of pubs in the British Isles, it has a much more authentic vibe about it, which I love. Let me know when your bf gets back, we’ll definitely have to meet up for few pints!

My email addy is raiynn32 at yahoo dot com. I rarely use AIM but I’m branwyn32 on there, and my MSN (which I use mostly) is branwyn32@gmail.com. Cheers!

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

Sorry to butt in..

Hey, Heyenglish (& hey Branwyn) – dont you mean ‘Saaaarf Woodem Ferris?’ Hee hee.

My parents live in Essex – Thaxted, and my sis lives in Chelms. I grew up there – its north, near Stansted Airport so thankfully also not got the accent (unless I say hospitool or bottool (hospital, bottle) that is..) ;o) in fact no-one guesses I’m from there, so cant be too obvious, phew – such a stigma, although probably died down a little now really..

Over in Buckinghamshire now, dont you know daahrling, so far more powshe. ha ha!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi.

Hope you guys manage to get together!

Branwyn – We should have a pre-meetup meetup one day! That way, we could go to one of those meetups, and already know someone there ;)

I know of Brentwood, although I’ve never been there. My dad lived in Wickford for a bit, and I remember seeing signs for Brentford. (Oh, how I miss all these English names! LOL) I can’t believe you haven’t seen your fiance since November!!!! I definitely couldn’t do that. I have a hard enough time when my boyfriend has to go out of town for a month. It’s definitely understandable that you guys might be going through a rough patch after not seeing each other for so long. I really hope it all works out for you!

I just talked to my mum and apparently her and my dad have been to the Harp before, and gotten totally pissed (so English!). We definitely should meet up for a few pints, although I’ll be sticking to wine. Never really cared for beer.

clr-1976: Too funny! My family and I got into watching Gavin and Stacey because Gavin’s from Essex, and we thought it was hilarious! And so typical! We still cringe when we talk to some of our friends back home who weren’t quite so fortunate in the accent department.

And I know all about the powshe, hehe. One set of grandparents live in Sussex. At one point, when we were moving to the States, and living with them, we couldn’t even park our car on their street because they were so embarrassed by it! Naturally my tattoos and piercings don’t go down very well with them, hehe. Thaxted sounds kind of familiar. I remember I got the biggest laugh out of the movie Love Actually when Colin goes to America and tells the girls he’s from Basildon, as if it’s this wonderful place. I used to shop there!! I know better. ;)

Sorry I’ve been absent a few days! Spent most of it at the Harp. :p If your parents have been there, I very well may have met them. What are their first names?

Thank you for the good wishes on my fiance and I…we are in need of it. I love him dearly, I want very much for it to work out. It’s not easy at all…but he’s worth it.

We absolutely should have a pre meetup and then go to a local raw event! I found an Atlanta group on giveittomeraw.com so we’ll see if anything gets posted there.

I went blueberry picking on a little family farm in Canton the other day btw…it was lovely and so cheap! Bit of a drive but it was in the foothills of the Appalachians and absolutely beautiful. There’s quite a lot of pick your own farms around, let me know if you want to go foraging at one at some point!

I just sent you an e-mail, lol! Great minds think alike. ;o) I’d love to go foraging at one of those farms. I can eat my weight in fruit, hehe. It’s funny that you mention the blueberry farm in Canton – my boyfriend meant to take me there one weekend, but we just haven’t had a chance to make it there yet.

Well I shall check it then! Warning: I can be crap at email sometimes, so if I don’t respond to them promptly, please don’t take it personally!

That’s too funny! The farmer still had a pretty good crop last weekend, and he was the ONLY farmer in the area I could find who still had any blueberries at all. He’ll probably still have some this coming weekend. I picked 2 gallons in about 2 hours on Saturday, spent $20…totally worth it cuz blueberries are like, fruit crack to me! :p

PS HeyEnglish…i’m not ignoring you, I just didn’t get your email!