feeling artsy fartsy?

chicorychicory Raw Newbie

It seems just from observing how a lot of raw foodies here write, that a lot of you seem to have a rather artistic side…. I am an arist myself, and so, innately curious. Anyone care to share their creations? Could be anything from music to painting to food art!

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I love to write. I’m working on a book. :-) I love music! I used to play the piano, then the trumpet, and now I’m searching for a new instrument to take my fancy. Right now, it’s drumming!

I doodle a lot…mostly images that come to mind from my novel.

• well, I let my artistic side shine with my jewelry… I love finding gem combinations and patterns that emit certain emotions and make me feel peaceful.

If you want to check out some of my creations, aside from those in my avatar, you can see some on my website

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Beautiful, littlegems! I am big into the healing power of crystals and I know if I ever get any more crystal jewelry, I’m getting it from you!

• ah, thanks for saying so MOTH. You made my day.

I’m always blown away by the healing power of crystals. When I go to my gem supplier’s house and she brings out all of these amazing baskets of gems to look at, it feels like I’m tripping. Seriously, after a few hours I start having to really work on my breathing to ground myself.

• I’m a ceramics person myself and a bit of a writer. I never thought of the connection of food to art until I found raw. It’s so full body. It’s my out.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

I totally know what you mean…they can get you so far out there.

I went to a psychic fair awhile back and I went straight to the crystal-lady’s table, drawn like a magnet, ignoring all other displays and booths. At that booth, I lost track of all time. I spent more then an hour (would have spent longer, but I was with others) fingering and and handling all of the crystals and gems. Before long, I was really feeling floaty and dissociated – very very distant from the ground. I am familiar with altered states, and I was stoned (haha) out of my head from those crystals, to the point where I had to take breaks and go wander around in the hall every once in awhile.

They are so powerful. Do you have a particular crystal you are drawn to? Lately, I’ve been into malachite. It fascinates me.

• I am an actress and a sax player. Not visual arts, but art nonetheless.

• I’m a musician/filmmaker – www.youtube.com/juliepitcher

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

i used to do pottery, hope to again soon. i work with paper. now i make food, too. beautiful raw food! I love the colors of raw food, it makes all my meals pretty.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

It doesn’t surprise me at all there are so many talented and crafty people here. :-) Too cool.

• honeywaterhoneywater Raw Newbie

i draw/paint! i’m majoring in photography, though.

• beate64beate64 Raw Newbie

Hey, its great to see so many interesting and talented people here, and no wonder, with such wonderful raw food creations everyone is whipping up here :)

I am an artist, writer (I wrote a fairy tale novel, part of a trilogy), and holistic healer. Lately I use in my paintings crystals and gem stones. I will make some photos of the new series and post it tomorrow. MOTH, I understand fully your feelings and reactions about crystals and stones… they are wonderful little friends and helpers and I would not want to miss them :))) I love them all, but some of my favourites are some special stones with ‘faces’ on them I just found on the ground… and I do have a very strong connection to my Lemurian Seed Crystal, what an energy… wow!!! And beautiful for getting messages and doing healings.

Otherwise I really love my Tibetan Quartz Crystal, but in the end, I just would not like to miss any of them ;)))

I understand you are drawn to Malachites, they are just plain gorgeous and have a wonderful energy to share, enjoy :))

http://www.beate-epp.com

• lots of creative people here. :)

MOTH – my favorite is Kyanite, I always wear my Kyanite ring, it’s like my protection, warding off negative energy.