Salt-less sweat

MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

hey everyone,

I have a salt question. I’ve cut out all salt for 3 months, although I probably ate a bit tonight because I went to a raw restaurant and I think some of the food must have been salted. Anyway, I’ve been doing this hot yoga; twice a day this week for almost 3 hours a day, and I sweat buckets. It drips everywhere; even into my mouth. Well, today…I realized that my sweat was salt-less; it tasted like water that I could have dranken. And it was just flowing out of me. Later in the practice, I realized that I had chills; I was not hot; rather shivery…even though the room was heated…

When I realized that my sweat was like water..I got a little worried. There was no salt in the taste of it at all.

My instructor told me I should start consuming some sea salt or himalayan salt in a liter of water at least once a day, starting immediantly. Seeing as how I am doing the 811 raw diet, which does not advocate the use of salt, and have been enjoying life without it, I drank some coconut water to restore my electrolytes, but it didn’t seem to restore the salty-taste to my sweat.

What I’m wondering is…is it okay for sweat to be salt-less? Do you agree or disagree with my yoga instructor about adding salt to my diet? I’d like to live without it if I can, but I also recognize that I am being very vigorous physically right now…

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

All of our cells are made up of saltwater… You had symptoms of a “heat stroke” which can be caused from over heating or from under salting… I agree with your instructor but maybe not to that amount… Trust your body, if you are chilling, feeling weak and your sweat is salt-less then drink something with salt in it… Tomatoe juice or tomatoe and celery juice/smoothie with a little sea or himalan salt should perk you right up…

I have used only a tiny amount of salt for the past 30 yrs and my sweat doesn’t have a salty taste either… But I’m not working out like you are, so I’m not having symptoms…

Hope you feel better soon!!! There are some people here who have more experiences than me… But until they respond, hope this helped!!! Remember listen to YOUR body!!!