Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Saladacco

clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I know there have been prev threads about which is the best one to use etc but, kinda need some help here;

I cant for the life of me get ‘spirals/spaghetti’ from my saladacco. And I cant figure out what to do to try to change that..??

The blade only coveres half of the cutting surface, so I get short strips, but nothing like spaghetti/noodles.

Thinking of contacting the fresh network to see if I can send it back and try to get a spiraliser or a spirooli.

Has anyone got a saladacco that makes proper spirals? I know I’m not being thick as I’m doing it by the book. Even if I had a marrow or something that is the size of the entire chamber thing, the blade on goes half way..??

Please help, loosing the will to make raw pasta.. :o(

Comments

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

P-p-p-p-please does someone have one who can help…?

Yes! Have followed instructions to a tee.. No spirals..??

• I am not sure what to tell you.

I usually have to cut my zucchini in half to use our saladacco. Are you placing it on the center tooth by the blade? I center the zucchini on the tooth, then place the lid down. Apply some preasure so the teeth on top (under the handle) will help keep it in place. Twist the lid on. Then use the lever to choose sliced or spaghetti. I then apply a small amount of preasure as I turn the handle.

I don’t mean to sound so redundant. I am just not sure how to help. But I do remember, it did take a moment to get with the program, when we received ours.

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

clr-1976. unfortunately i have plum given up on my saladacco. i use a julienne peeler (oh my gosh it’s awesome!). so easy to clean and use. and cheap. i think it is a japanese tool. those japanese are sure cool about their veggie creations.

it basically cuts in two directions at once: one long thin peel horizontally (like a regular peeler), and then the serrated teeth cut each peel into about 9 or so strands. makes perfect pasta every time.

check it out here

• suekosueko Raw Superstar

I detest my Saladacco, I think it is a cheap, useless piece of plastic. Sadly, the julienne peeler linked above is no longer available. I finally just got a Spirooli from Living Light and I love that for pasta, it is easy and it WORKS! Doesn’t make angel hair pasta, but makes a perfect spaghetti. Angel hair from zucchini is too wet anyway!

• Hey clr i have one and if you have the white bit the right way up and the tiny switch at the side switched the right way, you should get raw spaghetti. If not, send it back, it must be dud. I did have a problem with the little disc of carrot or courgette left over when it stops spiralising, took me a good ten minutes to work that one out….:(

Thanks guys its good to get some feedback. I’m not stupid but just cant get it to work as it promises to so might we find out about sending back.

Sueko, I think you’ve got it right!

Am finding it hard to get a spirooli – has anyone used or have feedback on these types of Spiralizer?

Lurch-Spirali-Spiralizer-SPIRALI.html”>http://www.juiceland.co.uk/item-Lurch-Spirali...

Thanks!

Link wont paste..?? Its at juiceland.co.uk

• FeeFee Raw Master

Hi Claire, I have a (I think European version) of a Spirooli going spare, it’s still in its box and never been used. It looks different to the Spirooli I have found when searching – for a start the turning handle is on top and so you can easily add pressure as you push down. It has foud interchangeable cutting types – thick and thin juilienne or noodles, slices or long swirls and grating. Depending on which way round you insert the cutter you can either noodle or if you have it the other way julienne, grate or slice using it like a mandoline. It also has a collection jug for the bits to fall into and also a citrus reamer part which fits into the holder for slicing with a mandoline style move for juicing into the jug. I have one which I use quite regularly and it makes great courgette noodles. I didnt get such good results with butternut squash today – but I wasnt fully paying attention to what I was doing! It has rubber feet to prevent it slipping on the work top.

If you are interested and we can fix a price Id be happy to post it to you. I paid £40 for mine originally just over a year ago.

Hi Fee,

Thanks, thats a great idea, I’m interested. To get something tried and tested would definitely beat all this faffing I seem to be doing trying to find something that does what it says on the tin!

Thanks again

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Good morning :) Do you definitely have the side knob turned UP so the little teeth are pointing upwards? Do you have a large enough piece of produce? I know it can’t be very tall or the lid won’t fit on, but it has to be a nice size diameter in width to produce spaghetti, otherwise, if it is too skinny, not enough of it glide go over the teeth when being rotated, so no spaghetti will come out. It has to spin over the teeth area.

For carrots, I lay them in sideways so carrot is always going over the teeth when cutting. Also make sure you push on the top of the knob so the produce is snug and completely down inside of the container so it will totally tough the blades.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Rawmama,

Yeah, tried all that, think maybe it is a dud. I watched Johnnys 20/20 clip & he was using one in the same way no probs so it must just be mine.

I was soo exited when it arrived too..!

I hope fresh network will take it back.. It was too expensive to write off!

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

hi clr me again, not much time so not totally read other posts, but. I have the same one. same happened to me, is very important to get the veg right on the center spike otherwise you only get short bits. it works by going round and round like a spiral starcase and if your veg is not in the middle it will go round then cut off where there is no more veg, this only give short sections. If you can get spagetti out of it but they are only short then this is the problem

Ooooh, gonna experiment before totally giving up then,.. I’ve got some Daikon somewhere..

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

I will have a try tonight and concentrate on what i’m doing so can describe it to you if you still have no joy with your daikon… good luck!