I scored a sprouting jar!

Greetings,

I just bought a sprouting jar a couple of days ago! And some “zesty sprouting seed mix”! I’m so pumped! The lady who checked me out at the store didn’t give off the vibes that she could appreciate my overzealous excitement (I was pretty buzzed off my morning green smoothie anyway), which means you know I had to sign-in here at GoneRaw and post this.

YAY! KDACA’s BOUGHT A SPROUTING JAR!! FOR LESS THAN 5 BUCKS!!! NO MORE OVERPRICED SPROUTS FROM THE STORE!!!! KILLER!!!!!

Comments

• I read recently that alfalfa sprouts have some not-so-great chemicals in them. What else can I sprout that tastes good to snack on plain?

• Hi WailingWoman,

Where did you read the info on alfalfa sprouts. They’re one of my faves, so I’m getting kinda bummed-out hearing this news.

Actually I don’t snack on sprouts plain. I use them in my twice-daily smoothies (which I’m surprisingly not getting tired of)....I’ve heard mung beans pretty awesome, nutritionally speaking, but I’m clueless about how they taste on their own.

Hopefully other people with jump in and give us both the scoop, or maybe post a thread where this info has already been discussed.