Drinking Water???

In response to the recent thread on municipal drinking water contaminated with pharmaceuticals, what kind of water do people drink? Are there cost-effective filters that get out most of the yucky stuff? Any ideas, ‘cause I am still not sure what to do, but every time it comes up I just feel so overwhelmed… Help…

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I understand exactly how you feel. The science is so confusing. You don’t know what you can rely on anymore. There are issues with a source’s training or if they have a conflict of interest, That includes sources promoting “health” products.

I have a ceramic water cooler at home and work. I fetch my water in one-gallon glass cider jugs. (Bet you wouldn’t have guessed I’m from the South.) I fill up at the water dispenser at my local market, which is reverse osmosis, carbon filter, and ultra-violet light cleaned. It is my understanding this water is clean, unlike most under or above ground water sources, but it is unhealthy to drink. I re-mineralize it with concentrated mineral drops and then keep some prill beads in my coolers.

From what I can discern, that is the best I can do short of collecting morning dew off plants. If anyone else has a better suggestion, I’d like to hear it.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Kristen’s Raw Blog has this information http://kristensraw.blogspot.com/2008/08/water-p…

She says the following ‘After much research, we found the answer! The Multi-Pure chrome counter-top (or undercounter) water filters hit the sweet spot with high-end filtration at an affordable price $320-340). Like all good filters, the Multi-Pure is independently tested and certified by the state of California, with test results available here.’