Raw for my SAD friend!

Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

One of my SAD friends asked me to make him a raw lunch next week, and I am so excited about it! He tried one of my Walnut Herb Pate Stuffed Tomatoes and liked it. I just don’t know what to make for him! I want it to be something cool and tasty.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I don’t have any good suggestions, because you’re a far better un-cook than me. But I just wanted to say I’m very impressed with the positive influence you obviously have made on someone. Awesome:-)

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

Slosh-uh, i really like the Asian Almond Slaw from this site. I make it a lunch, but i guess it’s more of a side dish. Either way, it’s great! I’ve been using my new spiralizer for the past few weeks – making zucchini noodles and putting a raw bruschetta over it – diced tomatoes, chopped basil, onion, sea salt and pepper. Yum! Bryan Au’s Tuna Salad is also another great one! I’m sure that whatever you decide on, your friend will love it! I think it’s great that your friend is so willing to try raw foods and actually ask for them! Awesome!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

How about veggy sticks with a dip and cauliflower popcorn, or a Taco salad with sweet potato chips. Dessert: a raw pie in a 4” container.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

slosh-uh -

What I would do is make raw version of your friend favorite SAD stuff. That will impress they and they will know that raw food is tasty food. What are his favorite foods cooked?

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I would make a quiche and salad for friends coming to lunch and follow up with a chocolate mousse or chocolates.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

something you’ve already made and you know you can do well.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

The mint chocolate chip ice cream from Matthew Kenney’s Everyday Raw is DELICIOUS! We use raw cacao nibs in it.