purple corn kernel crackers

some time ago, i bought some purple corn tortilla crackers, not raw, but yummy to the bottom of the bag (a bit like doritos but healthier) and then when i went back to the shop some time later, (it was a farm shop) they didn’t have them any more. I saw recently that a website sold purple corn kernels so I went ahead and bought a packet, but have absolutely no idea how to make the crackers/tortillas. Can anyone help? on the packet it says these kernels will break your teeth if they are not soaked, so I guess they need soaking…...

Comments

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Deb60 -

For the purple corn kernels, if you want to make crackers out of them, you need to grind the kernels into a powder. You don’t need to soak. But you can get more miles out of your purple corn if you do the soaks and use the soak water in your smoothies or drinks. It has a lot of antioxidants. And you can use the kernels to make chips, bread, dressings or whatever.

See David Wolfe site here on how to do the soaks:

The link doesn’t display properly here because of the dashes.

But go here and do a search for “purple corn” http://sunfood.com/

Beware though, purple corn is kind of bitter so don’t make the whole cracker out of just purple corn or they won’t be very edible. (I have tried it before so I know). Add a little bit mixed with yellow corn and other spices to get a flavorful cracker.

I have purple corn chip recipe until my recipe (click on my avatar to see).

• Oh brill, thanks queenfluff, i’ll let you know how i get on

• just had a look at your recipes they look awesome!!! will def let you know how i get on! thanks gl with your business