Sprouting times

dodododo Raw Newbie

Hi hi, i was wondering if there is a safe length of time for sprouting? I sprout a lot, currently i have buckwheat, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, lentils, and mixed seeds all sprouting in my kitchen, these have been soaked and have been sprouting for two days, i rinse them thoroughly every day with fresh water then redrain, at least once a day. is this safe? would 3 days be safe as sometimes i get a little over enthusiastic in my meal planning preps hehe

any advice would be very welcome please

namaste kat

Comments

• The taste of sprouts varies as they grow; for ex, sesame sprouts become bitter when they are sprouted for more than 2 days. You may have to experiment and see how long you like your sprouts to be. As a general rule, keep the length of the tail same as the length of the original seed/bean/grain.

I grow most of my sprouts for 2-2.5 days, and mung sprouts taste best exactly after 2 days of sprouting. Also, remember nutritional profile of sprouts keeps changing as they grow.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

thank you for that tggoesraw, are they at their most nutritious when the tail is the same length as the bean/seed/grain then? i get so excited when i see the tail, its like a revelation id forgotten about, omg! its alive!!! yayyyy for mother nature and her hibernation techniques :)

• “are they at their most nutritious when the tail is the same length as the bean/seed/grain then?”

That’s true, in case of Mung beans, for sure. I don’t know about others.