Syracuse, NY (anyone been there?)

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hello all,

I have not had a chance to ‘chat’ with you all in a long time. I miss you all… I miss Gone Raw! I’ve been busy …with life. Hopefully only temporarily (like for the next several months). Anyway…

Would someone tell me ANYTHING about SYRACUSE, NY. I’m wondering just how GREEN, RAW, or VEGAN-friendly the town is. Many details are appreciated… as well as what you think of the town and outdoor sports, the people, the kind of town it is. I’ve been to Ithaca (close enough?)... just need to know more about Syracuse.

Thanks!

Comments

• RubyLaineRubyLaine Raw Newbie

I have been to Syracuse several times on business but never quite ventured out that much because I was afraid of getting lost. However, there is a co-op that I found but it is small. I asked around about vegetarian restaurants but nobody could tell me of one. So…. Good luck. If you find anything to rave about let me know because I am sure I will be back there again soon. Ithaca on the other hand is a great place for vegetarians, vegans, and raw foodists! Love, love, love Ithaca. So cultural.

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks for the info RubyLaine.

It didn’t find much either. Does anyone know about the property in those areas… like is there “spacious” land to have my greenhouse and garden? Are there bike paths around town? Are the adirondacks within view? How are the people? I really enjoyed Ithaca (went there to visit Moosewood) but I don’t know if they compare.

Vermont is so close… and I heard lots of good things about Vermont… like they are mostly an Independent (party) state. And, people living in the state capital are really “for the people”... for the “mom and pop shops”. Home Depot had to move out of there after 3 years because they weren’t meeting their sales. (Read that on National Geographic/Adventurer.)

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Anybody else…?

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

germin8- can’t tell you anything about syracuse! i live in ithaca, and it’s a raw/outdoors enthusiast’s dream. Sounds like you’ve been here though. Love Ithaca – of course it’s tough to get a job here.

• RubyLaineRubyLaine Raw Newbie

Winona, you are so lucky to live in Ithaca!! I’m just down the road in Horseheads. Go to Ithaca at least 2-3 times a week. There is a raw restaurant near the Lost Dog Cafe. Have you ever been there? Are there other raw restaurants? Thanks!