Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Fav raw cocoa powder?

Hey All!

I’m sick of my grinding up my raw cacao nibs and having gritty chocolate almond milk, i want to buy the raw cocoa powder that has the oil pressed out and mixes better into recipes.
Where do you get yours? What’s your fav kind? I’ve found a few websites that sell it but want to get the best quality. Thanks!

Comments

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I use DYW’s cacao powder, its lush..

Here’s the website;

www.detoxyourworld.com then look under the ‘food and ecstatic foods’

its in the Uk though, hope that’s alright, if not, I dont know but guessing with his links with Shazzie I’d go for David Wolfe’s

• I’m using raw cacao powder from Navitas Naturals .. Mixes very well in my cashew milk.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I like this new one called Divine Organics. They just started selling it my Whole Foods. They always run out so I buy two bags when they get it. It is nice and rich.

• I get mine from Natural Zing and it is fantastic. Rich chocolate taste and it blends wonderfully!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I like Sunfood (David Wolfe’s brand) – www.sunfood.com – it’s the only one I use now, and I just ordered the 2.5 pound bag because it’s a better deal than buying the smaller amounts. Navitas Naturals seems cheaper, but isn’t because it’s not nearly as strong, & it made me bloated & sick.

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

ananya-do you have problems with insomnia on that brand? i switched from Sunfood’s cacao to navitas and it took me months to realize my insomnia was that cacao.

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

Yay I just bought David Wolfes Sunfood brand and it smells fabulous. Glad to hear I made a good choice. I would def reccomend avoiding the cheaper ones they have given me insomnia too. Peace Light and Cacao

• I use one by Gillian Mckeith. I don’t know if her products are available in the U.S but you can buy them online. It is only in a small pot but I don’t use it very often. It has a very light texture.

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

I also use the DYW raw cacao powder and love it.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

We use raw cacao powder from Navitas Naturals also. And yes, I do not eat it too close to bedtime or I am not tired. Not wired at all, just not tired :) I get ours from Amazon.com to get free shipping and best prices on different varieties of powders and nibs. I also use Alissa Cohen’s raw carob powder and like that too, but cacao powder is a little more yummy.

I found that carob doesn’t mix well with coconut oil in the vitamix, or for me it doesn’t. Has anybody else had that problem??? The carob forms a tight dark, wet ball and the oil floats on top. Cacao powder seems to blend fine.

Yikes :( Why do you think that only the less expensive brands cause insomnia? Now I’m concerned :( I do remember on one of David Wolfe’s CDs that he said he ate raw cacao and it kept him up all night, that is when he said he had a “conversation with cacao” and I’ve read about those cacao parties that Shazzie and others have and people stay up all night on it and I am guessing that they aren’t all eating cheap cacao…so I just assumed that all raw cacao could cause that??? And when you eat cacao from DYW or David Wolfe’s Sunfood site, it doesn’t keep you alert or awake? Thanks for your help…

• wow! This is one of the reasons I logged in today…because I couldn’t remember the name of the websites that you all referred me to concerning specific products…one of then being raw cacao. And I was going to ask how grinding raw cacao nibs turns out for everyone. There’s sooo much useful information here!Thanks for the post Emlee!. I’m RALI (Raw And Loving It)!