Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

The Mothers Act

I wonder what the women in this forum think about it..

The Mothers Act article

The Bill

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I don’t think this bill requires that mothers be forcibly drugged. I’m not fond of this site(Natural News) for it’s habit of presenting “news” that blends fact with doses of fear-mongering fiction.

HOWEVER, I’m familiar with this bill and it’s disgusting and evil. The pathetic thing is, you can talk to people until you’re blue in the face. They will run with open arms to take drugs in our country. We’re bored and sad and want attention non-stop. So expect an entire new generation of maimed and brain-damaged babies.

Thank you for the links, melaverde.

• No freaking way.

(((hypnotized eyes))): “Yes, Doctor, give me my pill…”

It’s like the whole vaccine issue and overdose of (20,000 times dose) Vit. K given to newborns. “Yes, Doctor, give my baby their vitamin….” Gaahhh!

I’m not against the medical establishment altogether, but seriously, we have to think and do our own research too.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

From the bill:

The symptoms of postpartum psychosis include losing touch with reality, distorted thinking, delusions …

Maybe they should give these drugs to our elected officials.

It just stuns me that we are so symptom-oriented in our thinking with no attention paid to the cause.

HAHAHA, @ Meditating!!!:-D

• Couldn’t agree more with your comments, TomsMom- I do agree that people in general have developed a dependency on drugs but I think that the “system” as it is designed is meant to do that, to make people believe that a pill can make you happy and leave no side effects. I am from Canada and I catch your satellite TV provider Dish, and every time I watch it I am shocked by the level of pharma products being advertised, sometimes 50% of the ads are pharmaceuticals. (the other half banking products). Meditating- You are so right, all we have got is a medical establishment that addresses the symptoms and never the causes…this drives me insane. I am not against all pharma products a priori, but I believe that before recurring to those there are many more, and less damaging, alternatives. And Yes, let’s give some of those pills to our elected officials!! lol you never know they may actually start representing us, the people, for a change!

• that is so freakin’ scary! geez, that’s another reason I’m glad I use a midwife.

The Pharma mafia is at it again. How can they get a way with this criminal forced drugging of our population?? Why do we let them do this?

I’m so sad by this.

It is so amazing that the majority of our population has given up their bodies to to “experts”. I mean, each of us should be experts of our own selves; instead it is a bunch of greedy corporations that tell our citizens what they need to do.

How about the pharma commercials that tell people that they can take medicine and supplements… I just want to yell at them to just freakin’ stop eating crap and start eating whole, real food for goodness sake!

littlegems, it is not forced. It is another vile expression of greed from Congress and it’s good boyfriend, Big Pharma, but it is not forced.

• Hey, wow! Great to see more people discussing this. I had to chime in to offer this point on the force issue: People are saying the MOTHERS Act is not about forced anything. But, if you understand that women are already being forced… as I was, and you understand that the only thing new about this bill is mandatory screening and treatment referrals… and you find out that in New Jersey where they already have mandatory screening under their MOTHERS Law… and that women who call the hotline or talk to their doctors are being picked up sometimes by police and taken to the hospital… you can’t really say that The MOTHERS Act would never force anyone. Think about it… Psychiatry already has the force of law, all it takes to be locked up against your will is for a doctor to suspect you are a danger to yourself or others. With what I have seen and experienced, it’s quite easy to be labeled that way. They also are encouraging pregnant women to take drugs to prevent PPD from striking twice, and some women have been told that should they have more children they will be forced to take antipsychotic drugs for 2 years following birth. This is deadly serious. To say that The MOTHERS Act is not about force at all is like saying that American soldiers in Iraq are not in danger of being blown up. The danger is out there and it is real. Perhaps you can manage to dodge the bullets if you are smart enough, but pregnant women and new moms will be moving targets for drug companies and shrinks with the endorsement and enforcement of federal law. Check out my open letter to Congress at http://www.uniteforlife.org/openlettermothersac…

• This whole thing is so disgusting! I am SO glad we have our babies at home! The last thing we need is one more arm of the government sticking their nose into our business. Though I must confess, I am not surprised to see this from Harry Reid. Why is it that some people think the government must take care of people? That we can’t take care of ourselves or won’t make the “right” decisions for ourselves?? Honestly it just makes my stomach turn.

I can make my own choices and take care of me and mine thank you very much. I wish the government would really take a more hands off policy on citizens lives. There is so much they could do that they either don’t do or do pathetically poorly. Why can’t they focus on what the Constitution empowers them to do for the people rather than constantly trying to think up another “program” to “help” people who neither want nor need their help?

Okay off my soapbox now.. :0) Sorry! This is one topic that definitely gets my hackles up! I’m going to go breath deep and hug my babies!

Peace!

• Amyphilo – I agree with you, even if “technically” the Bill does not force anyone in reality things are a little different, this is another attempt a big pharma to drug as many people as possible with absolute disregard to consequences. As a man makes me furious and I can only imagine how a woman may be feeling by this. The thing that makes me real sad is the absolute resignation that most of the population feel towards such proposals, no reaction, no interest, it is as if they have given up and would go along anything the government tells them to do (as littlegem stated).

EasyCheetah – Yes governments should stay out of these matters or if they decide to intervene it should be by providing real and helpful support and not by introducing mandatory screenings which in reality are just a sneaky way to promote more drugs. I can only imagine what will happen in a few years if the trend continues…an entire population under the effect of powerful drugs…some sort of zombieland where no one is “clean” anymore…sad! pretty sad!

• Just found this nice video on youtube by Amyphilo (hope you don’t mind me posting the link). The video

I stand by what I said. It’s important to be accurate, especially if you want to fight Big Pharma and government. This is hardly the first bill that pulls this sort of stunt. It won’t be the last. Especially if the people insist on voting for evil, greedy, murderous leaders.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

hmm…... i only know from my personal point of view that I will not take drugs during pregnancy. Birth and death are both forged in fire! Has anyone here had a water birth? I am very curious to know about it

• TomsMom This is Democrat sponsored bill. Does that mean the Dems are in bed with Big Pharma? They are certainly known for big government, nanny state policies. I am curious to know your thoughts there. Our society has definitely been lulled into the false sense that we should do whatever our doctors and our government tells us to which is so sad. So many people are like lambs being walked willingly to slaughter thinking the government “should” take care of them and provide for them but in my experience these are again pushed forward by big governement social politicians, wouldn’t you agree?

chicory I have had two fabulous blessed home water births. What would you like to know?

Peace!

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I was wondering about the water temperature.. obviously it couldn’t be hot! and do they typically take longer or shorter than the conventional laying down birthing position? I don’t know if I could take being in chilly water for 2 days :)

EasyCheetah, you’re preaching to the choir. I assume you’re a Ron Paul supporter? I notice they tend to get their exercise from jumping to conclusions:-D

• chicory Water temp should be around body temp – 98 to 100 degrees max. Birth was much easier and faster than my non-water births. Fabulous! I highly recommend it!

TomsMom I’m afraid the jumping exercises are yours this evening. :0) I am not a Ron Paul supporter nor am I a McCain fan just in case that might be your next leap. You’d be a champion long jumper with statements like that! LOL No my questions were very serious though. I have noticed from your posts that you seem to be passionate about political issues and was honestly curious on your definition of “evil, greedy, murdering politicians” and your thoughts on the Dem sponsorship of this bill and partnership with Big Pharma on it. Please share.

Peace!