Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

notcicing my teeth are becoming see through

Hey, I have never had any issues with teeth other than cavities. I have had all my fillings replaced with white fillings and use a fluoride free toothgel with tea tree oils and propolis.

In the last two months I have noticed my teeth are becoming more see through and the enamel is becoming like a light, light, Grey cloud in places. Ok my diet is about 50-60% greens, 20-30% fruits and the rest nuts and seeds. I have been raw for 18 months. I have had all mercury pulled and replaced with white fillings.

My dentist tells me to drink milk – yeah right. (try finding a vegan sympathizing dentist in Thailand!!)

Ok ideas please.

xx carls

Comments

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

I think there are vegan calcium supplements. They come from coral I think.

I take calcium but I think it’s shellfish derived, as I’m not 100% vegan.

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Here are 2 pages (you can click to page 2 at the bottom of the page) of chats about transparent teeth. Maybe we could find a holistic dentist?

I hope that it is ok to post a link to another website forum??? If not, please let me know and I’ll remove the link. Hope this helps :) If the link doesn’t work, go to www.rawfoodtalk.com and search for transparent teeth and you will find the link that way.

http://www.rawfoodtalk.com/showthread.php?t=149…

• my dentist said that an all-raw diet would be great for my teeth. I wonder if you’re getting enough vitamin C? It’s actually very important for healthy teeth, so I am told. Another thing I heard from my chiropractor (who is very anti-dairy) is that phosphorous leeches calcium, so you might want to see if you have too much phosphorus? Just a couple more thoughts to add to the mix.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

sesame seeds, especially black sesame seeds are power packed with calcium, i dont thing there is any need to take a calcium suppliment if you study your diet and nutrition carefully and plan a little.

• Hi – I read the thread on the other site and I was thinking that your teeth are probably healthier than they’ve ever been before some of the other folks and dentist concluded the same thing!

You are right that your diet is probably highly mineralized if you are eating raw and mostly organic. Calcium supplements are notoriously of the worst assimilation of any supplements, and as dodo has heard a thousand times from me and no doubt thinks I sound like a broken record, supplements don’t work in isolation.

But food does.

And listen to dodo too, she knows some stuff and has pink hair!

Too much phosphorus comes from meat/dairy and soft drinks…that’s what gives meat eaters osteo…

ciao4now

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Rawprincess, what do your family members’ teeth look like? Is it possible that this has nothing to do with being raw and everything to do with genetic predisposition? Just a thought. If you’re worried about your calcium intake, the best raw vegan sources are oat groats, flaxseed, black and white sesame seeds, sea vegetables, dark green leafy vegetables, broccoli and figs. I’ve also heard that salba (white chia seeds) is high in calcium. Grind all seeds or chew them well to access all the calcium. These sources are much better assimilated than any calcium carbonate or citrate supplements, vegan or otherwise.

• the only time I have heard of enamel wearing down is with someone who liked to eat lemons for snacks. High citric acid might be something to think about.

• dogsuponhotcatsdogsuponhotcats Raw Newbie

Yeah, do you eat a lot of citrus? Cause if you do, you should rinse your mouth out at least with water to get all the lingering acids out. And if you’re human enough to cheat, do you drink a lot of soda? There’s the phosphorous issue. But since you’re saying you don’t have any other major issues with your teeth, I personally wouldn’t worry. Although the tips of my teeth have been transparent my whole life, & my dentists say my teeth are strong. So your teeth may look like glass, but if they don’t chew like glass, you’re good. ;-)

• I would not take a calcium supplement. HOw is your nutrition intake on fitday? Are you eating some sprouts?

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

rawprincess. Curious as to what else you may have found out. I noticed the same thing starting at the base of my teeth and a friend of mine that recently went raw has the same thing going on. Her’s has occurred on about half of all the front teeth (as in half of each tooth). I am definitely going to have to research this more myself. I do take a vegan calcium supplement on occasion (every two or three days).

• Juice up some rhubarb stalks and brush it or get a cotton ball and rub it on your teeth.

Rhubarb does not contain too much phosphorus and is high in calcium and potassium. This helps coat the enamel..

Also when you drink anything that’s high in acidity, simply use a straw.. =)