Found an organic cooperative!!!

Yay! I am so happy I just had to share:

On a hunch I went and visited the organic farm and coop in my area. On the phone they told me that they only ship everything up north and to stores only (not individuals as they are not set up for it) as there isn’t a market for their products here. In person, they told me that they will give me a mixed case of fruit and vegetables every week for 20 euros. I got the most gorgeous avo’s, figs, onions, tomatoes, pears, carrots and lettuce today. They were so kind, no charge. I start paying as of next Saturday. I am so thrilled! They supply organic markets all over europe and have macadamias in the fall too!! This is huge for me guys, I have been raw since april and praying for an organic source. Made the most delicious avo, tom and bellpepper salad for lunch today, really could tell the difference. I am happy happy happy :)) Joy, joy, joy :)))Peace and blessings to all.

Comments

• That is so awesome. Maybe you could get enough people interested that there would be a market for it where you live- maybe you could be the source!

• Hi writeeternity,

Maybe indeed at lunch today my bf was saying just that, maybe we could create a local market for them :)))))

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

This is a good example of how good you feel eating naturally raw. How happy are you when you get your food from the grocery store? Not happy enough to write about it I’ll bet. Now you have a real connection with your food. Congratulations!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

Hey deasmiles,

That is great! Actually that is called a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture). It when you get the mixed box (basket) of fruits and veggies for a certain price once a week. Alot of cities have them and they are getting pretty popular! You get whatever is in season. I don’t belong to one as I have an awesome co-op (actual store) right near me and has everything I need but the CSA’s are great. Enjoy your fresh food! :)

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Yeah Dea! I am so happy for you. I know this has been a concern of yours in the past.

We haven’t heard from you in a while, how are you doing? Are you still moving to the USA this summer?

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

That’s great Dea You must be sooo chuffed…maybe your bf will turn raw now!! Love to you, Zoe.

• Hi Spiritmama,

I got back on Sunday June 17th, coming home was awesome. I went to a conference in the Tahoe area, spent some time in SF (tried Durian, gorged on fresh raw organic food and just enjoyed the multicultural vibe) then I went home for a week to see my family. I have put coming home to the US on hold for a while, my thinking is fix yourself instead of moving from place to place. Know what I mean? I was back since last week but I felt weak and tired and sorta lurked but I was here. :) thanks for remembering me.

Queenfluff: I know about Community Supported Agriculture, I am not sure this is what we are doing. Maybe Stealth CSA or CSA Sicilian style. My area is population 100,000 there are 6 families including me doing this and its hush hush, we cannot talk about it, have it delivered or anything. In fact, they agreed to let me p/u a box on condition I was discreet about it- so here I am writing about it on a website. The thing is they are a wholesale distributor for a consortium of organic growers from all over the island, they are not supposed to sell to the public, but they told me that if someone asks and it doesn’t look like a set up from the state- they do it. Italy is a different place, you can go to jail for not having a receipt, and they have a financial police called the Guardia Finanziaria who sometimes wait outside of businesses and ask you for id and a receipt…keeps things interesting. Their tax structure and laws are so crippling to businesses here that it is common when you make a purchase for the business to give you a register receipt for less (at times much less of what you pay). If they are nice they ask and I usually say ok, but at times they just do it. They hide income from the state to survive…its how it goes here. I just found a source for coconut butter, cashews, durian and kale but its in france. Being on an island I think I am going to wait until this fall/autumn when its cooler as there are shipping delays- Ciao! Dea

Guys stay well and stay in touch, peace and blessings.
  • Zoe! I am making green juice and love it! Thank you so much for showing me how to do it!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so cool, refreshing and alive. I must admit that the conventional food I was eating was ok, but after lunch today…I felt myself vibrating with aliveness on a cellular level. We raw folks talk crazy some times but I felt really blissed out and alive.. Know what I mean guys and gals? :)