Upset Stomach

ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

In about the last three days I have an upset stomach, almost everything I eat other then sun dried fruit make me feel real nausea and I’m also getting tired I assume due to lack of nutrients\calories cause I’m eating a lot less, it started about at the same time that I started taking Spirulina&Maca, could it be connected?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Maybe, I threw up immediately when I first tried maca. Try not taking it, or take much less for a few days and see how you feel. How much maca are you taking every daY?

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

So far it was 1 big tbps a day in a fruit smoothie, today hadn’t taken any(nor spirulina),eaten just a bunch of dried fruits today, so far feeling ok, tomorrow ill try some fresh and some greens and see how it goes.

Yea its the Maca, 2 days without it and I was back to feeling great, was trying some today, only 1 tsp in a smoothie, and instantly the smell made me feel a bit upset then when I drank some my stomach kinda pulled in and contracted and I felt not too good, any way I can avoid it? because I have bought 1kg pack of it and well it was expensive and would really really hate for it to go to waste..

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yeah tell me about it, I only have to catch a whiff of it and it makes me gag. I bought 2 kgs!! Ended up selling them to people who come to my potluck. Try selling if on ebay maybe.

Watch out for raw chocolate bars, the ones that have got maca in make me so, so sick. I am sorry it has this effect on you, but in a way I am glad I’m not the only one! I thought I was the only one to be made sick off this superfood that most people swear by.

There is a different superfood called Suma, it is different to maca but it does the same thing, it is an adaptogen. I love it, I love the taste, the effect, it really works for me. I was told that is someone doesn’t like maca then they will thrive on suma and vice versa. You can get it from www.funkyraw.com

Hehe I actually bought the Maca&Spirulina from there, I’ll take a look thanks for the advices, now I need to check how I am with the Spirulina, hope it wont have the same effect, because if it will it will truly truly be lame, I’ll try ebaying it, hope it goes well, maybe my mom will want it.