Best of GoneRaw!

chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

What is the best of GoneRaw?

Favorite Thread? Longest Thread? Most Interesting Thread? Favorite Recipe? Most Dreaded Topic?

Post your Nominations here…

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I think, but I may b wrong, the Mangers thread in Being Raw is probably the longest, with around 50 pages. There may be longer threads though.

To tell you the truth, I really haven’t tried any recipes on here. I’ve been so darn busy with schoolwork that raw cooking hasn’t been incorporated into my time, but can you tell me what you’re favorite recipe is Chris, so I have an idea of what to try? :)

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

OK here goes…

Today’s fave recipe of mine is… http://goneraw.com/recipes/2303-Suntanned-Focaccia

You may be right about the Mangers thread being longest. Here it is… http://goneraw.com/forums/being-raw/topics/mang…

... Other topics: Funniest post? Best time of day?

• RubyLaineRubyLaine Raw Newbie

Best recipe…Mock Tuna. Simple and easy. Right up my alley. Worst thread has got to be icelandic fish…oops sorry you wanted good stuff. Well anyway..that’s my opinion.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Hey great! That looks really good. I do have to say though I make a similar version of your “meat kebabs” and it is SO GOOD. :)

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

haha most dread and yet most involving are the religion and politics.

I enjoy the threads about things like how to use coconut oil, skin brushing, and anything related to beauty. All that stuff fascinates me.

My all time favorite recipe on here is a split between onion bread and Zoe’s spring onion seed cheese. I keep that stuff on hand at all times. haha

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I love any topic that introduces something I had not previously encountered, such as skin brushing, oil pulling, master cleanses, “no poo”, food sensitivities, endangered fruit bats that feed on the blue agave plant, etc. This stuff is gold!

I hate seeing the same topics posted over and over. We need a better search function to enable the people starting new threads to find and read older ones and either have their questions answered, or they can add to those, thus bumping them to page 1.

I hate to do this, but I’ve become so irked in the last 24-48 hours by members doing “business” on these forums. I hope when the Talk It Up section returns these people will only post there, so I can just avoid reading their posts. Perhaps it can’t be policed, but I’d love it if those types would get a “3 strikes and you’re out” kind of warning from Kandace and Ray. It’s pissing me off that what had, for the most part, been friendly sharing and banter among members, seems to be taking a different turn lately. Maybe it’s just because the “Talk It Up” section is down. I hope so. I expect to read about events, restaurant openings, sales pitches and book announcements there. Let’s get back to that soon … please!