juicing scraps?

blujett8blujett8 Raw Newbie

I know that this must have been covered here somewhere…but I can’t find it. What can I do with juicing scraps? I have a big baggy of carrot/celery pulp and want to make some dehydrated burgers or something similar….any ideas or resources?

thanks a mil ! Heather

Comments

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I use my carrot pulp to make mock tuna salad (Ani Phyo’s recipe). I’ve also used carrot and beet pulp to make dehydrated burgers and doggy treats for my friends’ dogs.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

You could mix it with some fresh/wetter ingredients for crackers perhaps.

To me I find it really depends on what was in the juice. Some I add back into raw soup or dessert(good for fruit). I’m not 100% raw so I will save veggie scraps up until I get enough for a good veggie broth which I later use in recipes. Not raw but I figure it must have some more nutrients than water!!

To me I find it really depends on what was in the juice. Some I add back into raw soup or dessert(good for fruit). I’m not 100% raw so I will save veggie scraps up until I get enough for a good veggie broth which I later use in recipes. Not raw but I figure it must have some more nutrients than water!!

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

I used my carrot pulp to make the mck tuna salad too—which felt so much like tuna im my mouth that it freaked me out! I also need to think of ways to use my pulp—I juice every morning and just throw it away—which I feel horrible doing.

My pulp this morning was from carrots, a beet, celery, ginger, and a tomato— suppose you could add some nuts/seeds and make crackers??

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I keep carrot pulp to make muffins sometimes to take to dharma club. I also LOVE pear juice so I freeze the pulp and throw it into smoothies for extra sweetness and fiber. It also makes the smoothie really cold too.