Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How much juice is a juicer meant to give?

I just brought a new juicer, and I was reallllllllllllllly excited

but when I juiced a WHOLE pineapple I only ended up getting a small cup of juice.

Am I doing something wrong or?

Comments

• jenjen

What kind of a juicer do you have? I have heard that the type makes a huge difference. I have an older second-hand Champion and feel like it ends up wasting a lot of my fruits and vegetables.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

I have no experience with this, but I was thinking of buying a juicer soon. What kind did you get?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I've read that you can re-juice the leftover pulp, that may yield a significant amount of juice. Have you tried that?

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I haven't used mine for awhile(been blending more than juicing) but I do remember it changed with what I wasa juicing. Some gave much more juice than others, and some I got better results from in the blender than juicer if I just let it get a bit riper. You can try to rejuice the leftover fiber, or use it in a recipe depending on what it is. I've taken chunks from more veggie drinks and added to soups/salads.

I do think it also depends on the quality and type of blender as well.

• I think it would depend on the pineapple you start with ... but I was curious, so I just gave this a try ...

juiced 1/2 pineapple in my green star (masticating juicer). Yield: 1 1/4 cup of juice, and some "froth". It separated nicely. There was almost no pulp, and it was pretty dry. The greenstar doesn't work that well for fruit juicing if you want fast results, -- you have to be patient and not push stuff through fast. The screen (even the coarse one) tends to get clogged up. But the final result is great.

juiced the other 1/2 in my Breville (centrifugal type spinning juicer) and so far I have a container of "froth". Am waiting for it to separate and see how much drinkable juice there is. The pulp is super wet, (and there is quite a lot of it) so I will put that in my smoothie tomorrow morning. The Breville made short work of the pineapple, went through really fast, but as I said,I'm still waiting for the froth to separate from the juice so I have something to drink (doesn't look like a lot at this point), and there was a lot of very wet pulp.

Hope this little experiment helps some.

I love my greenstar! Does great vege juice!

• How much juice would a juicer juice if a juicer could juice fruit?

Depends.

What kind of juicer is it?

I might expect to get a couple cups of juice from a large-ish (very exact and scientific, I know) pineapple, so it sounds like you might be doing OK.

If the pulp seems really wet, you can run it through again or squeeze it out in a nut milk or paint strainer bag or even through some cheese cloth.

Good luck!

• There's only one kind around, the goldair brand.

It's $200, so it shouldn't be that bad :(

• Hi rawlady,

We just bought a greenstar and have been a bit uncertain about a few things. We have the medium screen and have found that with veggies like spinach and carrots and pinapple it comes out really mushy not like juice! Also I am having a hard time figuring out how to make the lovley looking nut butters they advertise with the greenstar. Any help with these questions would be wonderful.

Just one other add on question....have you ever juiced wheat grass? Again it seems to yeild very little juice. I will add about 10 'loose' cups of grass and get may-be an eigth of a cup. Does this seem right?

• Most fav is the greenstar juicer, I get so much more juice from it than any other I have used and the pulp is so dry. Well worth spending the extra cash.