My ice cream came out runny!!!

I blended 2 frozen bananas and 5 frozen strawberries and my ice cream came out runny.

Should i have not blended as much or should i have froze it again before eating???

Anyway, it tasted so good I ate it all up with a spoon!!!!

It tasted like strawberry banana frozen yogurt.

;-)

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

It should be the consistency of frozen yogurt or a thick spread, but if you blend to long it becomes runny. You can freeze it if you want. Strawberry sounds awesome. Try frozen cherries, the flavor is incredible. :)

• rawcanadianrawcanadian Raw Newbie

ya, next time i will blend less, there has to be 1000's of raw combos for icecream.

Maybe a raw icecream diet would be cool, just eat icecream all day. Anybody make anykind of veggie/nut icecream, is that possible???

lol

• hehehehe...i love that! It still hits me that my raw desserts are GOOD for me! I add a tbsp of cinnamon and a handful of raisins in my banana ice cream....very yum. :)

lol depending on the vegetable it might work..hehe

frozen banana ice cream is pretty damn incredible. wonder what throwing in a small chunk of cacao butter would do.

• Hi!

I have been experimenting with ice creams lately...My most recent batch was a hazelnut milk base with organic rasberries and raw cacao nibs. Damn it was good! Next I am considering a vanilla bean brazil nutmilk with fresh pomegranate berries. I have found that adding a teaspoon of lecithin (non GMO of course!)and a teaspoon (depending on fluid amount) of Xanthum gum helps the consistency alot. Good luck!

Ok I made ice cream again and this time it came out too thick lol

My blender had a hard time turning the mixture of bananas and strawberries and I had to keep sticking a wooden spoon in there to pack it down and then turn the blender back on, and off, and pack it down about a dozen times.

Anyway to make the blender spin better?? Maybe my fruit was too frozen!!!

Weird I know...it has to do with the strawberries which when frozen make it icy and too thick versus creamy and thick. Plain frozen bananas don't do that. Maybe fresh strawberries w frozen banana would work better?

Ya that is what i was thinking, use fresh strawberries,but $5 / lb right now, so maybe 1 fresh banana with 1 frozen banana and frozen strawberries will work. We shall see!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

Haha yes! Or maybe defrosted frozen strawberries? ;-)