Klamath Lake

rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

I just heard that Klamath lake is very polluted? The source also told me that there are quite a bit of meth heads/makers there that dump there remaining ingredients in the lake after making meth?

Has anyone else heard this?

Comments

• Oh god, isn't that where all our lovely spirulina and blue manna comes from? I not heard it but would be interested to know. I did hear that the Utah lakes are very low levels of water now, or at least have been, not sure if that has improved now?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Well it is described as certified organic here

http://www.klamathvalley.com/EnvironmentalControls.htm

Also it appears that Upper Klamath Lake where all algae is harvested is not actually polluted. Klamath Lake is in Oregon.

http://www.a-vital-life.com/page.php?p=1_quality-safety

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I lived in Klamath Falls for six years and everyone in that area thought the whole blue/green algae thing was such a joke because no one would ever touch the lake let alone eat anything out of it..

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

why wouldnt anyone eat anything out of it?

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Maybe because I've heard dogs have gotten liver failure from drinking out of the lake? I just heard that little fact somewhere..because there are toxic algaes in it as well as the blue green algae.

• Rawmanibbles, I asked someone who works in the Klamath Algae industry and this is the answer that I got:

"I think there is more of a problem further down stream on the Klamath river as opposed to Upper Klamath Lake... Is pretty pristine with very few peeps actually living along it. it gets tested very often and is monitored by the fish and game peeps pretty seriously to control fish pops so I don't know about the pollution thing in the lake. I think it's the river... I'm sure we wouldn't be able to harvest if so..."