Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

My Eyes Are Feeling Wierd

ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

For the last few says some strange things are going on with my eyes, they are becoming red(like when your very tired) quite often even though im not tired or anything,today I had the weirdest feeling ever, it was like I felt the eyes them self moving in the sockets, and my sight became a bit spinning, also I might be dreaming but I think the colors are also changing a bit, I used to have dark brown eyes and now they are a bit greenish, anyone has any idea what is it\happen to them as well?

Comments

• Me too!! I thought I was having an allergic reaction to something (i thought it was macadamia nuts). I made a cobbler a week ago with macadamias, and ever since I had broken out into a rash, but only in my torso area. My legs, arms, and face are rash free. So i began to dry brush more often to see if it would come off, but as of about 4 days ago, my eyes started to hurt also, and like you said, mine too look all red and burn, as if I've pulled all-nighters a couple of days in a row - but I haven't. I've been getting the same amount of sleep, but my eyes feel like they are exhausted. It's gotten worse throughout the days, and on my way to work this morning, the sun wasn't even out yet, but there was some light, but I had to wear my sunglasses because my eyes keep squinting, as if the sun was shining it's brightest, and it was hurting my eyes.. Last night, along with my rash and burning eyes, I had a really bad headache and my face felt really hot. I went to go wash my face for the night, and my face wash was actually hurting my face - it was stinging all over. And this morning I woke up extremely naseaous, but hungry at the same time, but couldn't eat fruit until well in the afternoon because I was too naseaous. I've stayed 100% raw, so nothing has changed in my diet. The only thing different that I ate that I hadn't in a very long time were the macadamia nuts, but that was a week ago and i'm still having these symptoms. Any ideas?? I'm glad i'm not the only one, because I'm really not wanting to go to a doctor. I don't believe in their medicine. Thanks!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I have been having some symptoms too. Tho my eyes are o.k., but of recent I did have a rash on the inside of my upper leg and the tips of 3 of my toes got cherry red, itchy, tingly and swollen. The only thing I can think of different in my eating is I bought 5 # of cashews from a company in Canada. Due to Thanksgiving I have uncooked with a lot of them. I am wondering if it may be older nuts we are getting and there could be a fungus on them. I am going on a get rid of fungus diet just in case. Cousins has a good program for this.

• Detox, detox and some more detox....I have experienced all kinds of symptoms while detoxing such as skin rushes, pimples, eye inflammation, arthritis, fatigue, sleepless nights, itchiness, eczema and much more....the thing is that when changing to a more healthy raw diet your body starts detoxing, even if you are not 100% raw, and this usually manifests into some painful symptoms. Contrary to what conventional medicine has made you believe these symptoms are beneficial to you as they are purging unwanted toxins out of your body, although painful this must be regarded as a purifying crisis and it'll disappear when your body has completed the detox process. This process may take weeks as it may take several months depending on the individual level of toxicity. Do not take pharma products otherwise you would simply work against the detox process and keep suffering for a longer time or just alt the process itself. I am no expert, no doctor but this is what I believe you are experiencing, if you like you may consult an experienced naturopath or you could also visit your conventional doctor but I know from experience he/she would not understand your journey and most likely do what they do best...prescribe you a toxic pharmaceutical product. Good luck to all of you.

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Yea I also had a rash about two weeks ago.. I had a very peaceful two weeks with zero detox symptoms, so I thought its over and had no idea that detox can occur through the eyes, guess there's no reason why not to, just never thought about it, what I love about detox though is that you can actually feel how bit by bit specific different parts of your body gets detoxified, at least that's how it is for me.

• I understand it could be detox, I'm 100% raw and rarely have ever gone below. I also do frequently colon cleanses with oxy-powder so I am constantly cleansing and flushing out my system. Before raw, my diet consisted of a vegan diet, mainly eating fruits, veggies, and greens, so my "detox transition" wasn't severe or intense. I'm with beany on this one. It seems odd that the only different thing i've eaten are macadamia nuts.

Beany~ where can I find out more info on your fungis cleanse??

• This might sound basic, but I would eat/juice a lot of carrots and get as many omega-3s into your diet as possible. Whatever the reason, this will help with general eye health. I decided to eat raw because I was diagnosed with a chronic eye disease, and along with the rest of my dietary changes, boatloads of carrots and lots of flax have helped incredibly. It should help with dilated blood vessels in the eye. Grapes also helped me. Feel better soon!

• I've been experiencing the eye redness thing as well.

Fortunately I'm pretty sure I know what mine is...Both my kids have pink eye right now. I stay at home with them and am pretty convinced I've been exposed. (a two year old has a hard time grasping the concept of washing their hands every single time they touch their eyes)

The funny thing is that the only symptom I have right now is slightly red eyes.

Usually when I get pink eye I wake up in the morning with all the eye gunk "welding" my eyes shut, they are usually dramatically more red and itchy, and I typically get an ear or throat infection too.

Not this time...they are just a bit red like I'm tired. It's almost like my immune system is able to fight the germs without a total meltdown. It's a very strange, but cool.

So...I'm not sure I can explain the eye moving or the spinning eye sight...but maybe you're body is fighting an eye infection of some sort?

• Some seeds and kernels have cyanide in them which can effect the eyes.

Check it!

Also, eating vitamin A is supposed to help the vision.

• Make sure your thyroid levels are good.