Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Digestion

ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

I have been raw (well 95%+) for the past 7 or so months. I still feel being raw is very hard on my digestive tract. I am also constantly burping and just feel like I am having a really hard time digesting this food. I do not presently take digestive enzymes on a regular basis. My bowl movements are also very soft (sorry to be gross) and what bothers me about it is the amount of time it takes to wipe and or the amount of toilet paper I use(once again my apologies). I do not presently eat grains often because I'm too lazy to sprout them and don't really know what to do with them once sprouted. Moreover lately I have noticed a sensitivity to extra virgin olive oil, especially when mixed with salt. If I put it on a salad or make a pesto it really irritates my stomach and I will be bloated and burping for hours after. Has anyone else had that problem? What can I replace it with?

Comments

• What does your diet mostly consist of?

• Try blending for a while and eating fruits as they are easiest to digest. Veggies can be tough, even for a seasoned raw fooder like myself. I avoid cruciferous veggies and always add a seed dressing to my greens to make them easier to eat. Apple cider vinegar in a little water before meals may be helpful too. Smoothies and soups might work for you too. It's a case of finding out what works in the raw food style for you as opposed to just eating everything raw. You might like to try oats with hot water or seed mylk added if you want to try grains. Sprouted and dehydrated buckwheat is easier than seeds/nuts for many people. Good luck and just keep experimenting/trying different foods to see what you can digest easily.

• rawmamanibblesrawmamanibbles Raw Newbie

I have digestion issues myelf, and i've been raw 2 years now. A) you prolly need to build your hydrocloric acid in your tum tum - u do that with any grass powders, celery juice, spinach juice, kale juice, ACV, and/or lemon juice. i've noticed FOR ME that i'll eat my biggest meal between 11-2, b/c if i eat a big meal at night, be it a simple salad or something goumet, i have a hard time digesting that late, so i eat earlier in the day and when im hungry in the evening i have some fruit or smoothie, veggie juice - whatever as long as it's light. I also start the day with juices and smoothies and fruit. Digestive enzymes for sure but also take a probiotic with the enzyme. i find if i conbine the two i get relieve but if i just take a enzyme it doesnt seem to help.

my digestive problems come and go so these are the things i do when they arise - which happens to be now.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I find that any nuts, seeds, grains, even all in the sprouted form, do not digest for me, and even greens are bloating. I make juice out of them if I want them. I still feel like I'm eating a cooked diet if I eat all those things. My diet is now basically fruit, algae, and I do take probiotic and enzyme supplements. that's cool that you take them rawmamanibbles.

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

Thanks for all your replies. Logan, my diet consists mostly of fruit, raw veggies and nuts. I rarely sprout. Even when I make soup out of veggies I still feel like I am bloated. Has anyone else had issues with olive oil? Is there another good not so expensive oil to supplement with? It has been wreaking havoc on my stomach lately.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Yea I have been going waaaaaaaay low on the fat lately. It is much better. If you are eating unsoaked nuts, though, that is prob a pretty big culprit for stomach troubles. Maybe try a few days without em and see how you feel?

• ddigiacomoddigiacomo Raw Newbie

I do soak the nuts. I notice that its the olive oil that is the problem. Other oils are not giving me as much of a problem.

• ajcajc Raw Newbie

I have a problem with coconut oil,gives me reflux.

Anabrese,your box of Christmas chocolates looks devine.Beautiful presentation.

What a shame I live in Australia or I would buy a box for sure.

• have you looked into how you're combining? there are a lot of different levels and subtleties to this, but i would try them out if i were you.

also, juicing might help you with the vegetables if you haven't already tried that. if you've made a sudden increase in your dietary fiber (even though you've been raw for months), that can cause bloating and gas, but juice has no fiber, just nutrients.

i would also suggest looking into a series of colonics but mainly because they made me feel a thousand times better in every problem i had. :)

s