Heads up on detoxing...

zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

I just found a list of foods NOT to eat if you are trying to detox. (Or rather eat them if you are trying not to detox).

"Even though still raw, no starchy or fatty vegetables or fruits are allowed that contain concentrated calories like potatoes, winter squash, avocados, sweet potatoes, fresh raw corn, dates, figs, raisins, or bananas. And naturally, no salad dressings containing vegetable oils or (raw) ground seeds are allowed. Nor are raw grains or other raw concentrated energy sources."

It's essentially 811 minus concentrated calories in figs and naners. I am planning on following this for the next several months.

source:

http://chestofbooks.com/health/Isabelle-A-Moser/How-and-When-to-Be-Your-Own-Doctor/Weight-Loss-By-Fasting.html

Peace Friends!

-Z

Comments

• Wow- I am basically not detoxing at all then because I have been eating alot of squashes, avocados, corn, and bananas. SHOOT! This gets harder and harder everyday...

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

We keep moving forward :)

• Greetings Zinfandel,

No matter what you are eating as a raw fooder you are continually detoxing. Detoxing means that you are not ingesting anything that is toxic which allows you to purge mucus and toxins. When you are 100% raw you are detoxing and will do so up to 3 years or more depending on your body. So it should not matter what you are eating as long as it vegetables, fruits, sprouted grains and nuts.

I did enjoy the article but some medical professionals are getting there but they all aren't there yet.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I disagree with some of this list.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

Guaranteed if you only eat fruits and vegetables minus bananas you will detox. It's like one step down from a juice feast.

• Greetings Zin...true many raw fooders do not eat bananas. Some feel they are hybrids and etc. However, I can say for myself that eating them did not hinder my detox at all when I first started eating 100% raw 4 years ago. In fact during my first month or so I would eat about 2-3 a day. I started my journey on eat anything and as much as you want. I lost over 100 lbs in a year. And detoxed and plenty!!