Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

What is the tastiest salad dressing? :)

zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

I would prefer that the ingredients be low fat and all raw (no agave/braggs).

I really need some tasty ones, please. And soon!

Gracias everybody.

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

You motivated me to post this one I like from Kevin Gianni

http://www.goneraw.com/recipe/caesar-salad-dressing

which I'd been meaning to post for a while. You can skip the agave or use another sweetener if you like. It's good.

We also like a simple blend of garlic, ginger, olive oil, lemon or lime juice, and nama shoyu or equivalent.

I was just thinking about trying pureed pineapple or mango with light vinegar, lemon, or lime as a salad dressing.

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

Mint in salad dressings have been sounding good to me... maybe pineapple, vinegar, mint, salt. or something like that. I'm really no chef though.

• I love this salad dressing:

lemon juice

hemp or olive oil

dried basil

garlic

stoneground mustard

actually, i'm not sure stoneground mustard is raw. but it's really friggin good!!

• My favorite salad dressing is classic olive oil/ lemon juice. I've been getting into ACV instead of lemon juice also. I add salt/pepper too, but I don't know about peppercorns being raw...

You can always dress this up according to the salad, also - I add orange juice if I'm using bitter greens, minced ginger for asian-style, minced garlic for extra punch, or sneak some more greens in by throwing them in the blender with your dressing ingredients! To get a creamy dressing I think you would have to use a fat such as avocado or nuts, but you said you wanted low fat.

Olive oil/ lemon juice is best! Have fun.

• Slosh-uhSlosh-uh Raw Newbie

This is the best dressing I have ever tasted, I ate almost nothing but this salad for like a week.

juice of 1 orange

1 Tbsp Miso

1 Tbsp Maca root powder

1 Tsp tahini

1 pinch cayenne (optional)

this is SO good with dark leafy greens, raisins, and chopped up apple. Add some walnuts in as well if you feel so inclined.

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

I've recently stopped using salad dressing all together. it occured to me that I was masking the lovely flavors of my produce when there was no reason to. Often I feel it makes everything taste the same rather than savoring each ingredient of the salad. If I do want something richer I'll put in a half a ripe avocado chopped and a squeeze of lemon, sea salt + pepper and just mix to coat everything.

• yum! i just made this (minus the maca as i don't have it) for my salad tomorrow.

it's delicious! thanks for sharing.

Weird! I'll have to try it without the maca, I always thought the maca made it!

Glad you liked it = ]

• Slosh

What type of miso did you use?

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

THis is my fave an alteration from Raw Food Real World

1 cup miso ( I prefer chickpea soy free)

1 cup ginger (pureed or finely chopped

1/2 cup dates

1/2 to 1 whole cup sesame oil (however low fat you need it to be)

1/2 c lemon juice

1/2 c orange juice (or lime whatever citrus is on hand)

It makes a lot you can cut it down but it lasts a week or two so we make a ton and have it on hand for wraps salad etc

Every time I have brought this to a party everyone wants the recipe it is truly awesome and the chickpea miso is kinda sweet so you might be able to cut out the sweetner to your preference.

THis is also a good winter cold buster with all the miso and ginger and to all the mommas this is a hit with out toddlers and their friends.

Peace Light and Happy eating

Ooooh that sounds good, Vegan2Raw.

I used chickpea miso as well.

• ladydaventryladydaventry Raw Newbie

For me, I just loved apple cider vinegar mixed with cold pressed olive oil and if you want, a little bit of raw honey and raw tahini.

• I love the pistachio pesto which I use on both my salads and my kelp noodles here is a link to the recipe

http://www.aniphyo.com/2008/08/25/pistachio-pesto-with-kelp-noodles/

• I used the one from Kevin Gianni the other night - the Caesar dressing.

While it didn't taste anything like caesar dressing, it had the taste of hummus, (I added lots of cumin and other "cajun spices".

HUGE fan of it.

Thanks for the post.