Colonic Question

kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

I've been having a series of colonics done at with a practioner in Canada. She does very very vigorous stomach massage and the whole process is quite uncomfortable.. yet, I feel it's effective. I had one other one done with a different practioner and it was a very calm, easy process, but I didn't think there was a big result. Anyone have experience with a more vigorgous person? Just seeing if anyone can relate really..

Comments

• macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

I realize this was an older post but I was searching to see how many others have done this.

I live in North Carolina and go to a lady about an hour from here. She only does stomach massaging when I'm feeling nauseous (hope I spelled that right!) but very gently. I've only gone three times (one quick series b/c I was having pretty severe joint pains due to a quick raw transition) but I'd like to go back. I felt it was effective overall, plus it made me feel good both mentally and physically.

Does anyone go regularly to a professional? If so, how frequently? I'd like to go back but it is costly... Is it really necessary when eating raw or more of a pampering?

• macanoogiemacanoogie Raw Newbie

Anyone use an at home product???

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

In the film "Food Matters" (foodmatters.tv) there are some convincing descriptions of why detoxification is necessary - such as you can't push good nutrients into your cells if they're already full of junk. The junk doesn't go anywhere on its own.

My husband has been doing colon hydrotherapy every two or three weeks lately. When he first did 100% raw years back the detox was really difficult for him. Recently when he went 100% again, while doing CH regularly, his detox symptoms were mostly nonexistent. So at this point he reports that it's not only necessary, at least initially when going raw, it's the way to make sure you're getting all the benefits of stuffing yourself with healthy raw foods. This is not to say that CH is the only detoxification regimen out there, but it is rather effective.

"Food Matters" also talks about the various ways to detoxify the body, meaning the elimination systems the body has - digestive, skin, nose, and whatever else (I forget). So some of the experts in the film discuss which ways are more preferable and efficient. Charlotte Gerson, to mention one of the people interviewed - Gerson therapy is big on coffee enemas, which can certainly be done at home.