The Beautiful Truth

A friend shared this with me yesterday so I wanted to pass it along to all of you. Have any of you heard of Dr. Gerson? I still have to learn more about him myself, but he supposedly proved that diet can cure cancer 50 yrs ago. The film also discusses the dangers of genetically modified foods.

or www.thebeautifultruth.com

Comments

• greeneyedlady -

Thanks, for Sharing!

I was not aware of this movie I found the movie trailer to be quite intriguing! I also found the facebook (at www.thebeautifultruthmovie.com under 'for the media') to be engaging as well. I look forward to seeing it. I have not heard of Dr. Max Gerson before now. Watching this trailer has led me wanting to learn more about him.

I also find it very interesting that it was a 15 year old boy, named Garrett, who is responsible for the making of this movie...if I understand correctly.

Now his message is to tell the world!

Soooo Inspiring!

Thank you for sharing this information!

Many Smiles!!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have spent many, many hours watching and reading about Gerson's Therapy. I admit that I am not a fan of the slash, poison and burn options of conventional medicine. However, in all fairness, the documentation offered by Gerson's is suspicious in that Dr. Gerson and his daughter have medical training and, particularly since they are trying to further a belief in their therapy, know how to document treatment such that it conforms with accepted standards. It appears they aren't doing that and one would have to wonder why. Although they have claimed to open the files of most of their patients (those that have given their permission to have their files viewed by others) this is not the same as having a transparent studies. The proof is in how the particulars of the patient's condition and treatment are documented. Without these controls in place, open access to several patient files means nothing.

Some of their patients have given testimonials that lead you to believe the therapy works. However, it has also been revealed that some of these patients received conventional medical treatment while using Gerson's Therapy. How can anyone be sure where the healing came from? I would speculate the therapy is not as successful as they would like people to believe. However, even if that were true it doesn't mean the therapy is without benefit.

It would really be beneficial if could get conventional scientists to approve a protocol for tracking patient progress and, for those patients who agreed to become part of the study. If the clinic truly had a significant belief in their therapy then they would be willing to do this. But the world being what it is, if the results did not assist in their marketing strategy then would keep them to themselves. But if they did indeed have the cure rate they claim they could book some time on Larry King. It's win - win for them either way so I don't understand why they aren't doing it.

If I found out I had cancer and depending on what type it was, I may try Gerson's Therapy rather than kill myself with chemo and radiation on a cancer that didn't have an impressive cure rate. Death by chemo is no real option. On the other hand, I might just max out my credit cards and tour the world.

• Well said Meditating! I'd head to Italy first;) Thanks for the information about Dr. Gerson. At least only a portion of the documentary focuses on his methods of healing. The rest is about the dangers of GMO foods, mercury fillings and other health hazards that many mainstream Americans are not aware of. Let's hope it reaches the right people. Plus, you're right, SimplyRaw, it is inspiring to see that the movie was created by a home schooled 15 year old with a love for animals and an appreciation for nature. I'm just waiting for the documentary to come to Chicago!