pesto recipes without nuts?

does anyone have a good recipe for a pesto that does not call for nuts? i have issues with nuts and seeds.....

please and thank u =)

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

We must like to eat the same kinds of food.

This summer my CSA had tons of basil so I ate fresh pesto every day for 3 weeks. I don't have a set recipe, but I did make mine sometimes without the pine nuts, just using basil, garlic, dash sea salt, and a squirt of lemon juice.

I did like the texture better with a few pine nuts though. If you would like some texture, you might try very finely chopped cauliflower and maybe even mix it with a little nutritional yeast to give it a psuedo parmesean taste.

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

You might try an Advanced Search for Recipes and Pesto. It would mean browsing the individual recipes, but goes pretty quickly. You could also put a list of the things you DO NOT want under "Containing none of the words" to reduce the number of recipes that show up.

• rawlizardrawlizard Raw Newbie

A great recipe is equal parts of basil and parsley, garlic and olive oil. blend well. Whole Foods carries a pesto with this mix, but I don't think it's raw.

• superfood2superfood2 Raw Newbie

It seems like it would be just fine w/o a recipe; just do basil, garlic (if you eat that), salt, oil, maybe some sun-dried tomatoes?