Preparing coconut

Hi:

I bought a coconut, out of the shell - how do I get rid of the stringy-ness? I tried to make date-coconut rolls - everything tastes right, but the texture of the coconut is almost un-edible - hard, sharp strings - what's up with that?

Thanks ahead!

guitarnerd

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Just visited your website and listened to a bit of your beautiful jazz. I was hoping to find a performance date in the Atlanta GA, Mobile AL, Biloxi MS, New Orleans LA area. I'd love to hear you in person. Do you ever tour in the Southeast? NYC is a little too far away. I've bookmarked your website and will check back later for your '09 schedule.

Back on topic, now -- Sorry, I don't have any wisdom to share regarding the coconut. I've never seen anyone mention buying coconut out of the shell. Hopefully someone else is more knowledgeable than I.

• Hey, thanks for the good word -- I never know where I end up in the world. I will definitely keep you posted. Put my name in Youtube, there's a ton of stuff there.

On the coconut - I'm thinking I need to soak this thing to soften the fibers. I think that's what I'll try....

Peace:

guitarnerd