Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

I've found THE blender!

Hi everyone. A while back I posted about finding a good blender with a glass pitcher that can make good smoothies. I've found it! My husband gave me a Breville ikon Hemisphere LCD blender. It is wonderful! It is only 750 hp but makes short work of ice cubes, carrots, even kale. I just made a kale smoothie and was amazed. The kale was completely liquified, no scratchy bits to choke you on the way down, lol. The model number is BBL600XL/A. It was $200 at Bed, Bath & Beyond but if you use one of their 20% off coupons, you'll get it for $160. Does anyone else have one of these blenders?

Comments

• Hmm. I'm probably going to need a blender - I doubt the one I have will cut it. I'll have to check this out. Definitely more affordable than the Vitamix.

• Oh, by the way. I meant 750 WATTS, not hp! Gosh, imagine a 750 hp blender? You could make smoothies out of cinder blocks and tree trunks, lol!

• joannabananajoannabanana Raw Newbie

amygdala- now that would be a fun experiment!! haha

i'm saving up for a vitamix. don't know which model to get but any one will do! the blender i have now can't blend ANYTHING so i haven't had a smoothie in ages.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Thanks, Amygdala! I was wondering about this one. Good to know; I want glass, too.

:~)

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Now that you've had it a couple months, Amygdala, what do you think of your Breville ikon Hemisphere? How's it going?

• pixxpixx Raw Master

Well, I decided to go with this one. And I am quite pleased! not only is it replacing my blender, it just may well replace my food processor!! I've processed cauliflower into couscous, and other dry foods as well.

I have never had a blender be able to turn ice (dry!!) into "snow"! This one does! I have put frozen fruit in it, with NO liquid, and it handles it just fine!! Amazing machine!

My 2 complaints: it does pulse most liquid things way up the sides...creating waste, or the need to take a spatula and push it down. And, it has a 60 second timer, that cuts the machine off. Many times it really needs longer. maybe 15 or 20 seconds longer. But many times it does not even need 20 or 30 (which you can turn off early), so it depends on the ingredients being blended. I would prefer it not to cut off automatically.

Over all, I am happy. I have a blender that has a glass container, and it processes ice/frozen foods, no problem.

Thanks, Amygdala!

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Can you rock it back and forth? I like doing this to help the ingredients mix better. I have a Braun PowerMax that I can rock! LOL.

• pixxpixx Raw Master

I doubt it! It is a fairly large machine. I've needed to do that with other blenders, but this one really doesn't need it.

While back on this thread, I should mention my feelings about it thus far. I would love to know where Amygdala stands on things too.

It is fantastic with ice, and frozen foods; needs NO liquid at all added. amazing. But really does not seem to handle greens well, unless there is some trick I have not figured out yet. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much, given all that fiber? But I wouldn't call it "completely liquified". Maybe I am using way more greens in my smoothies than Amygdala, I don't know.

Great machine for icecreams and fruit smoothies. Not so great for green smoothies.