Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Buying a dehydrator

I have been looking online at the excaliburs and for all of you that have one, which one would you recomend? Say you could get a nine tray that is normal or a 5 tray with a timer, which would you pick. Now I am only one person who will be using this so take that into concideration as well. But what does everyone suggest?

Comments

• Thank you very much for your answer. I do think I like the idea of a timer a bit better than not, and It is only me that I am feeding and I thought about it overnight and I think that you are right Kandace the timer actually sounds splended!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

ya know, you could buy one of those wall plug timers and plug your dehydrator into it. i got the 9 tray so i could dry fruits and tomatoes in summer, it's been very useful. or i load it with veggies and crackers, so i can do large loads once a week and leave it off the rest of the time.

• Seriously You just plug it into the wall, they wanna charge you about 50 bucks more to get the one with a timer, if I can do that than whoo whoo, Awsome advice!!!!

• Anyone please???

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

This really depends on your personal situation (how often you are around, how much you'll be making, how many people you are feeding). Personally, I would choose the 5 tray with a timer. I like this because I often set my dehydrator to stop at time that I would not be available to turn it off (middle of the night, middle of the day while at work, etc). I am making food for 2 adults and have almost always felt that the 5 trays was enough room (every once in a while, I wish I had the 9 trays, but without the timer, I would be lost).

Good luck!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Kandace, it is good to see you online. I trust you and yours had a joyous holiday. The site is looking good. Are there any more "tweaks" coming soon?

I'm still struggling with dehydrator decisions. To buy or not to buy? If yes, what size? If a 5 tray is large enough for you and Ray, it would probably suffice for me as well. I definitely want a timer. I am not likely to sit at home . . . and wait . . . for anything.

Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year!

Brenda