Green Smoothie - Detox Symptoms? (I am sick)

Hi all,

I've been having a green smoothie every morning for over a week now, and the past two days I have come down with an excruciating ear ache. This morning I woke up with more flu-like symptoms (runny nose, feeling like I have a fever but not, chills, runny nose, cough, chest pain), and I am wondering if this is somehow related to my ingestion of green smoothies and a sign of detoxification. Has anyone else had a similar experience when they started incorporating green smoothies into their diet?? I am very curious, because I don't usually get sick :-)

Comments

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I've never had ear pain, but there are so many different levels of detox, it's hard to tell. If your at 100% raw and doing the smoothies, then it might be detox. I've found that I don't have detox symptoms unless i'm 100% raw. But, that's just me. Normally i have a quick breakout and then a fast clearup... my back usually hurts a little and so does my stomach. But, again, that's just me. I'd keep up with the green smoothies - they're great for you!

• I've had a few weird symptoms, too, though not exactly what you're describing. The last two days have been the only days I've ever made green smoothies, around 11am or so, and I've found that around 4 or 5 I just feel mouth-watery nausea threatening up. It passes, but I guess I'll have to wait and see if it keeps happening after the detox phase is over.

Feel better, though. :-/

• I bet in your case it could be that you're not used to the amount of greens in your system. I definitely has a sort of sick feeling after the smoothies when I started them almost two months ago. That definitely has passed, so maybe those symptoms are a form of detox. Also, I was really sick for about a week and a half after I posted that post. I really think in some ways it was both a cold/flu but also a form of detox. Thanks for the concern:-) No worries!! Hope you feel better.

• lorif2143lorif2143 Raw Newbie

New here....starting green smoothie cleanse tomorrow...question....anyone have any adverse reactions involving medications? Re: blood pressure, heart, sugar levels?

ClaireT
  • jackqulynwjackqulynw Raw Newbie
    I started the green smoothie 4 days ago and I am sick as well with stuffy and runny nose and flu like symptoms
  • Katie_WalkerKatie_Walker Raw Newbie

Hello, guys. Recipe of spinach smoothies for you, it's one of my favorite.I am like an energizer after this wonderful drink.

Let spinach smoothie make your week smoother and enrich your organism with vitamins⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀
    Tightly pack 2 cups of leafy greens in a measuring cup and then toss into blender.⠀ ⠀⠀
    Add water and blend together until all leafy chunks are gone.⠀ ⠀⠀
    Add mango, pineapple and bananas and blend again until smooth.⠀ ⠀⠀
    Pour into a mason jar (or cute cup of your choice).⠀ ⠀⠀
    Gulp or sip like a rawkstar!⠀ ⠀⠀ 

ClaireT