Recipe Idea for Hawaiian Luau

rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I’m going to a Hawaiian Luau party and need to take a raw food dish that fits into the Luau party theme. Dessert is already taken, I need to take a dish other than dessert… does anybody have any ideas for a side-salad type dish (doesn’t have to be leafy greens)? Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• MarichiesaMarichiesa Raw Newbie

Rawmama,

What about a pineapple-mango salsa type thing?

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

It looks a little labor/ingredient intensive, so I’ve never tried it, but I always thought this recipe looked interesting:

http://goneraw.com/recipes/437-BeLive-s-Mom-s-s…

It has a lot of tropical flavors: mango, pineapple, mac nuts, etc. Maybe it could work if you’re up for something that’s a bit elaborate?

Otherwise, I agree that pineapple-mango salsa sounds wonderful! Or how about pineapple gazpacho? (If a cold soup would work instead of a salad…)

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

how about hawaiin fruit kabobs with a macadamia nut cream dressing/sause it could be a dessert or a savory side depending on how you marinate the fruits( id use pineaple, cocnut, strawberries mango, banana, papaya(maybe) you could make a sweet citrus dressing for more like a fruit salad or a sweet macadamaia nut cream for more like a dessert type thingy. just a thought….

• Hi Raw Mama, I would have to say ambrosia is always a favorite at family type get-togethers. Next to that I would say do something like a Tropical Sun Ball- carrots, dates, coconut, dried pineapple rolled into a ball and then take a piece of macadamia nut and stick it into it. Roll in coconut or in coconut died yellow from yellow beet juice. It will really look like the Hawaiian sun!

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

Thank you everyone, everything sounds delicious! I’m going to try making all of these dishes so I get to try them all ;) Writeeternity, The Tropical Sun Ball sounds really cute and I think our children would love eating that immediately because of it being “eye candy” :) Omshanti, which raw food book do you think has a great macadamia nut dressing/sauce? Marichiesa, same question about your salsa? Jenny, that recipe does sound labor intensive, but sooooo worth it, it sounds yummmmmmmy! For something special like this, it’d be fun to make! Thanks again for all of your help, can’t wait to make these, have a great weekend!

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

Hi rawmama, i saw the recipe for macadamia nut cream frosting in “raw transformation”, but i thinned it down and used it as a sause for a fruit salad, it has vanilla , orange juice, and macadamias…i added some berries to make it a pretty color!