Dogs with Arthritis

DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

A friend of mine has a dog with arthritis.

Does anyone know of any natural ways of alleviating arthritis?

Thank you.

Comments

• Most chronic problems in dogs have to do with the fact that they have consumed grains and very low quality protein

(assuming they're eating regular pet food) for their entire lives. The pet food industry is a travestry, the things that can be called protein are feathers, slaughterhouse floor sweepings, ears, testicles, lips, ears, and all the dead and dying sick animals that aren't fit for human consumption. (Sorry for the graphic description). Even though we dress them up and swear they're human, they are in fact descended from wolves and are born to eat raw meat, or at least a dog food that contains no grains (EVO is the best). Depending on the size of the dog, your friend can fast it for 1-2 days a week on just water. If it's an eight pound yorkie fasting is not really an option so she/he can cook it some rice and a little lightly browned lamb or turkey Some dogs need to transition to dietary changes slowly, some just eat differently from one day to the next and have no digestive distress at all. Also I would cease all vaccinations except rabies which is required by law. It MUST get off all grains. The Whole Dog Journal is a monthly publication that is about holistic dog care. It's about $20 a year and well worth it. Google it. Also, back issues are available for topics that owners are specifically interested in. I have three dogs, my fourteen year old is phyiologically about 6. Your friend doesn't need to spend large amounts of money on supplements, acupuncture, etc., if the diet is changed. The cool thing is the dog will be noticibly better within a week or so of getting off of grains/commercial pet food. I was a practicing chiropractor for twenty years and also certified in animal chiropractic and have seen many dogs respond to adjustments. But, the biggest change in a pet's health would be if they ate raw. Let me know if I can help more.

Lori

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Hi Lori,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm in the UK and can't find a stockist for Evo. I found a food called Orijen which seems similar.

I will do some further research and perhaps put my cats onto this diet.

• Give your pet 1 x cetyl pure every day. You get it from iherb.com. It is a mixture of fatty acids with cmo. cmo is very good. Plus, give your pet some glucosamine/msm. There are mixes for pets which is food flavoured and you sprinkle it on their food.

• Which arthritis are you talking about? osteo, Rheumatoid? or what.