chayote pasta

hi ya'll:

i live in a latino neighborhood.

we have chayote in abundance.

here's the definition of chayote if someone's unfamiliar with it:

-----}

Chayote - pronounced [chah-YOH-teh]

The chayote is another native Mexican plant and is a member of the squash family. It is also referred to as a "vegetable pear" or chcocho. In France the chayote is called a christophene. The flesh is quite crisp something like a water chestnut.

------}

i peeled it and cut it into three pieces and dropped it into the food processor to grate.

(i don't have a spiralizer yet)

i use it as raw pasta and it's scrumpitous.

very delicious.

i mada marinara sauce by blending rehydrated peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, dates, lemon juice, shoyu, and water with a spritz of extra virgin olive oil.

it's just the right meal.

let me know if you enjoy using chayote as pasta noodles!

what other kinds of veggies do ya'll use as pasta noodles?

Comments

• Aah thank you...I am in Mexico with LOTS of chayote wondering hmm what can i do with these...great idea;)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Universally Grateful, looks like you have a real good recipe going here. Why don't you post it in the recipe section and tag it Mexican. You could include the paragraph that describes chayote as an educational tidbit. Currently there are no recipes on file using chayote. Yours would be the first.

Other "pasta" noodle ideas include squash and zucchini. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I use.