Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

new to raw?? difficulty sleeping

hi:

i'm new to the raw lifestyle.

maybe b/c i'm not eating the heavy foods i've eaten in the past ---

i'm having difficulty sleeping at night........

is their something i could eat before i go to sleep that could help me fall asleep?

Comments

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

I had this problem yesterday. I think I had too many stimulants (cacao, vitamin C, carob).

I was also going through some strange states of mind and body. In bed I felt almost dizzy, manic, like I had taken some kind of strange, light drug.

I don't know what it was, if it is detox from some LSD I did in my younger years, or emotional detox or what!

All I have to advise you is watch out how many stimulating foods you eat in the evening. You will need less sleep now, so get up early! Exercise will greatly help, there are some yoga poses that slow the system down to prepare for sleep.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Eat celery right before you go to bed.

• FeeFee Raw Master

Eat lettuce - it contains stuff to make you sleepy, don't exercise right before bed either - even with all the new found energy you will be getting!

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

oooph, i could use some of that extra energy right now - all day i've wanted to do all day is get off work, go home and curl up under my electric blanket in bed. I'm SOOOOO sleepy. I eat very high raw which means ENERGY so i forget to slow down and REST and get some sleep. I go for weeks with too little sleep and it catches up with me.

• seaweedseaweed Raw Newbie

Some good herbs for relaxing that have anti-stress properties are kava kava, skullcap, lavender, chamomile, and california poppy.

Either buy the dried herbs in bulk or get the tincture version (a more potent extract- can be alcoholic or non alcoholic). Make a tea with the herbs, or take about 30 drops of the tincture in a glass of water.

Also, it helps not to eat 2-3 hours before going to bed so your body has time to digest and wind down. Take hot baths with essential oils (lavendar!) and candles. Get a soothing massage from a friend or lover.

Also, you may just be high on your raw foods lifestyle! I definitely have needed less sleep even from the first time I increased my intake of living foods!