Raw Coffee?

ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Anyone ever tried eating the Coffee fruits, raw coffee bean or coffee made from raw coffee beans?

Comments

• leahcelesteleahceleste Raw Newbie

no, but i have made coffee with a coffee toddy which is a cold brew process. you still use roasted ground coffee beans but let them sit in cold water for 16 hours and then drain the liquid which is kind of a coffee concentrate. because it is brewed with cold water the coffee is low acidic and people who have problems with regular coffee can usually drink the cold brew coffee. Cafe Gratitude uses a similar system to brew coffee at their raw food restaurant since they serve it in some drinks and make a raw tiramisu with it that is amazing!! the cold brew coffee has zero bitterness so works much better with raw food.

here is a link to the coffee toddy on amazon so you can check out what it is:

http://www.amazon.com/Toddy-T2N-Cold-Brew-System/dp/B0006H0JVW/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1233520703&sr=8-1

some of the reviewers have great suggestions on how to use it.

After coffee yerba mate is the next best thing, have you tried that?

• raw coffee beans are pretty toxic. i would go with the cold brew method. or make a "sun coffee". i almost never drink coffee but when i do i blend it into a chocolate smoothie and i dont get a caffeine rush or anything.