Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Mercury Spill 100+lbs in the Mojave Desert

WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Frightening!

"At a Mojave Desert chemical plant, a demolition crew toppled a 50-foot-high tank, accidentally spilling an estimated 90 to 100 pounds of highly toxic mercury and contaminating the workers' clothing.

About two weeks later, a crew knocked down a second 50-foot-high tank, spilling another estimated 90 to 100 pounds of mercury at the same Searles Valley Minerals plant 170 miles northeast of Los Angeles..."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/08/MNJL15B5HM.DTL&type=green&tsp=1

Comments

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

sheesh, some of the peope commenting on the artilcle are sayin 'oh, just a mistake, don't blow it out of proprotion.' That's even scarier.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

They spilled mercury twice - totaling 200 pounds. That mercury is now in the environment, in the water supply, ...

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

it was a fertilizer plant! what does that tell you about what they are using on our food!

this is horrible.

• Let's keep on polluting the environment and more and more people will get sick...then someone comes around to raise cash for cancer research and other diseases....it literally drives me crazy!

Oh my gosh no wonder I always get sick when I come back to the states for a visit.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

I started a thread called it is begininng

it is against our health and they arent even going to tell us the truth about what makes us sick they are just going to keep us from getting relief from it sooooo many people do not know what we know and they are going to suffer for it

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Though how many times when we do tell some one the benefits of eating raw, or even eating healthy foods. They get a "I'm not listening to you", Hard stare.

You could have documents on the effects of mercury, slap it in there face, and they still wouldn't believe it, or care.

carnap, the way things look right now in the States, it might be best to vacation in a more healthy place.

Beany, my family lives in Michigan, which has huge cancer rates that keep soaring. I am originally from there but lucky enough to have gotten out!

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

This is just awful. Mercury is everywhere and it is dangerous to human health in any dose.

yeah tell me about it. I'm even scared to take chlorella before I get my fillings out. I could have sworn after the few days I took it that it's the mercury detoxing that is making me feel like utter crap : pale, need a nap, can hardly study. I am so mad at my orthodontist for giving me the cavities (by putting some absurd appliance in my mouth I could not clean under) that gave me 6 mercury fillings in my teens!