excalibur dehydrator

Hi,

I just got my excalibur. I am sure I will posting lots of questions since I new to dehydrating. I saw this information posted here and wondered if any of you could elaborate?

"Do you have an Excalibur? It

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

I don't know the pretreating suggestion they make as I don't have an X but I doubt it would be necessary as I don't pretreat anything I dehydrate.... But

I do follow those temp rules if, my product is a quarter inch or thicker...

If dehydrating seeds, nuts or thinly sliced veggies I try to keep the same low temp throughout...

Sorry I can't be of more help, but good luck with your new toy... Hope you have a much fun as I have had creating new and different recipes... smile

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

Well I for one appreciate your comments waterbaby. I just ordered my Excalibur tonight and am looking forward to using it.

=]

• FeeFee Raw Master

You will LOVE it Zemphira! I bought mine in October and named him Edwin and he has made some amazing stuff. I sometimes use 145 deg for the first half hour or so, depending if I am short on time or not. Ususally I just put it in between 105 and 112 deg. I originally had a smaller round dehydrator because I thought I could justify spending money on an Excalibur - but it is money well spent. I hope it arrives soon and you have a lovely time making scrummy things in it.